• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Whats a good side by side shotgun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I want a 10 gage. Is 30 inch barrel standard?

Is chrome bore recommended or not recommended? What's it matter?

What choke will keep my shot in a tight group for a longer period of time. I want to knock the heads off of chickens not pick shot out of all the parts when I eat.

Ok I want a 10 gage. Is 30 inch barrel standard?

Is chrome bore recommended or not recommended? What's it matter?

What choke will keep my shot in a tight group for a longer period of time. I want to knock the heads off of chickens not pick shot out of all the parts when I eat.
Pedersoli make a good 10g.
Chrome plated bores are good for anti corrosion, that's it. If anyone says it's for the use of steel shot they are misinforming you.
Most of the Pedersoli 10g offerings come with some choking.

I don't choose a gun by if it has chrome plated bores or not. Fit comes first. And I mean how it fits me.

I did not notice one important consideration.
For a shotgun to work well. particularly for moving targets, the gun should fit and point well.
Apart from shooting to find out all you can do is sight into a mirror and see where your eye is compared to the bead and the rib.
Shotguns are far more intuitive and instinctual than a rifle.
Yes you can get used to what you have but a good fit is the best start.

So if you can shoot or at least hold one then you are miles ahead. You may find a cheaper gun fits better and as such is likely to perform better.

Back