• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What would you have done?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One could plant a line of fast growing trees and shrubs along that property line, thus blocking that lane and the neighbor's view. A mix of hemlock, Osage orange (the thorns make it an effective traditional barrier), maybe some transplanted beech saplings, nice prickly blue spruce, whatever will grow thick (close together, not necessarily trunk size) and quick, in that area.
Not hemlock. China gave us the wooly adelgid and they are tearing up hemlocks here. Lots of hemlock skeletons in Pennsylvania.

Just to make the point that he has NO say in what goes on this side of the fence! Not to mention putting a sizable burr in his bonnet while you bag a deer.
Do you really think the OP has to make the point his neighbor has "NO say in what goes on" on the OP's side of the fence? "Putting a sizable burr in his bonnet" & making him madder accomplishes what? Lowering oneself to petty bickering is not going to resolve anything & IMHO only reveals a lack of character.

Do you really think the OP has to make the point his neighbor has "NO say in what goes on" on the OP's side of the fence? "Putting a sizable burr in his bonnet" & making him madder accomplishes what? Lowering oneself to petty bickering is not going to resolve anything & IMHO only reveals a lack of character.
Sounds like he's already mad. I tow the line pretty well when it comes to neighbors and boundaries. That's all I expect in return. I didn't say kill deer on the other guys property or in any way infringe on his boundary or fence. But I'd have no problem letting him see me do what I do legally on my side of the fence. I hate being told what to do on my own side of the fence. I didn't say engage the person on any level. I didn't suggest doing anything even remotely illegal. It seems to me he has more of a problem with the hunting then the fence, so what do you do? Stop hunting?

My suggestion: When you hunt your land again, notify the Game Warden and the Police/Sheriff's Department of the last two situations you have described so they are aware of it. If the gentleman comes back and harasses you again, I would remind him that HE IS responsible for the bullet after it leaves his weapon. If he knowingly shoots in your direction at such an angle that the round crosses your property line he is still responsible for it. He knows you are on YOUR land. If he intentionally shoots in your direction and that the round lands near you or hits you he is responsible for it. Mark your boundary line with signs (on his side of the tree and paint the bark of the trees (360 degrees) you put the signs on. Paint also marks the boundary line, it can't be removed. Tell him you have notified the Game Warden and Police/Sheriff's Department of the previous interactions and you informed them you posted and marked your boundary line. Tell him if it happens again you will notify the Authorities of Hunter Harassment. You bought and paid for this property, you may not live there but it is still yours. Intimidation only works if you allow it to. IF something were to happen to you the Authorities would know it was not just a Hunting Accident. Just my suggestion. DANNY

I'd love to hear the other side. You could walk the property line scuffing the ground periodically and pissing on it, seems to work for other species.
Robby

You are on your land and he KNOWS you are there. Any shots in your direction/near you, could be considered criminal.
OR
(My choice) ignore him and eventually he will give up trying to intimidate you.
Dave

Latest posts

Back