• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What would you choose?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess, since there are plenty of caps, my 3rd Mod Dragoon, and My .50 TVM Southern. Otherwise I would roll with my .50 Flint Kentucky. Lots of quality chert around here. More and more though, I am thinking I need a .62 Smoothie. In this scenario, I am thinking that is the more versatile way to go. Maybe next year...🤔

RM

Here's the scenario.....
You are living in the either the Mountains or The Deep woods... You can have only 1 BP handgun, and only 1 BP long gun....that you currently own! You have plenty of powder, percussion caps or flints, projectiles, and wads/patches. Let's hear your choices..

Me: My .54cal. T/C Renegade and my Uberti 1860 Army with smoothed action and Slix Shot nipples. The .54cal. is a powerhouse capable of killing anything in North America (with the right hit and projectile), and the 1860 Army is adequate for pests/predators with 2 legs at closer range.

I'd probably go for the same ones.

Here's the scenario.....
You are living in the either the Mountains or The Deep woods... You can have only 1 BP handgun, and only 1 BP long gun....that you currently own! You have plenty of powder, percussion caps or flints, projectiles, and wads/patches. Let's hear your choices..

Me: My .54cal. T/C Renegade and my Uberti 1860 Army with smoothed action and Slix Shot nipples. The .54cal. is a powerhouse capable of killing anything in North America (with the right hit and projectile), and the 1860 Army is adequate for pests/predators with 2 legs at closer range.
Slicked up percussion GPR in 54 cal and a slicked up New Mod. Army 44.

Here's the scenario.....

A ten gauge shotgun that can shoot buck and ball, and a Colt Walker. If I can dream up the perfect location, I can dream that the deer will be within 50 yards and the Walker will only weigh two pounds.

Here's the scenario.....

Latest posts

Back