• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What touch hole liner do I need to upgrade a Thompson Center flintlock?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Blackburn

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello all!

What size touch hole liner (size and thread) do I need to upgrade a Thompson Center flint lock flash hole to one that is larger and takes a hex wrench? I've bought these before but it's been 8 years.

Thanks!

I use RMC OX-Yoke hex liners in all mine that will accept them. They come pre drilled with a 1/16 touch hole. I like them way better than the liners with the screw driver slot. The screw drive slotted ones seem to collect more fouling.

Hello all!

What size touch hole liner (size and thread) do I need to upgrade a Thompson Center flint lock flash hole to one that is larger and takes a hex wrench? I've bought these before but it's been 8 years.

Thanks!
Track of the Wolf sells a 1/4-28 threaded liner for the TC flintlocks. It is # THL-TCF on the page this link takes you to.

https://www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/960/1
TOTW is a good company to deal with and has an excellent reputation.

If you buy some other 1/4-28 vent liner be prepared to shorten it to match the length of the existing vent liner in your gun.
Vent liners are usually longer than needed and if you install one that's too long it can cause ignition problems.

If you buy some other 1/4-28 vent liner be prepared to shorten it to match the length of the existing vent liner in your gun.
Vent liners are usually longer than needed and if you install one that's too long it can cause ignition problems.
...and cleaning problems.

I us the RMC OX-Yoke hex liners and I use the flat faced ones for a screwdriver and both work flawlessly.But I run a patch down after every shot and pick the vent hole.

You still see the TC package of two touchhole bushings (item #7327) on the shelves of some stores and shops, though I don’t know if they current item. As Zonie suggested, you may want to shorten them a bit and make sure you have a healthy cone or chamfer on the powder side.

GOT THE RIFLE. It sparks very well, at least in my inexperienced mind. Very clean weapon, touch hole liner came out and looks perfect. I hope to try this rifle out soon, this week or next. Oh wait....need some .45 caliber balls! OK.....order those first then try it out.

Latest posts

Back