What time of day is it?

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

poker

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Ive always had this issue on this forum. For an example it’s 1:30 pm CDST here now and when I look at posts, they will say things like posted today at 5:22 pm. or any other time. Its hard to tell just how far off it is, as recent posts say things like posted 17 minutes ago, etc.
So whats up with that? I suspect its on my end, but have no idea how to fix that.

Zonie

Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Is the time setting in your Browser Settings set at the right time for your location?
I suggest that you check it out.
To do this, go up to the upper right hand area of your screen and look for the symbols that look like a little man, a envelope and a bell.

Put your cursor over the one that looks like a little man and select "Browsing Preferences"
Now, select the line that says "Preferences".
This should open a black window. At the top of the window is a line that shows what your "Home" is set to for time.

Pay no attention to the part that says something like (UTC 7:00) but do look at the statement right after that. It should say something that looks like a discription of the time zone your located in.

If it doesn't, click on the little down arrow and select the one that does apply to your area. There are a lot of time zones listed so scroll down thru them. Your probably looking for something that says something like "Central Time (US & Canada)" or "Eastern Time (US & Canada)". Select it.

Now, the important part. At the bottom of the window click on the button that says, "Save Changes".

After you do this, your forum pages should show all times set for your current time in your selected area.

As for the posts that say it was posted "18 minutes ago", they were posted 18 minutes ago regardless of the time zone your in.

poker

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Jim, I failed to mention that I usually browse on an i-phone and I believe the time is auto set on it. At least it displays the correct time. And I cant locate any other settings to adjust that.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Thanks Jim, I failed to mention that I usually browse on an i-phone and I believe the time is auto set on it. At least it displays the correct time. And I cant locate any other settings to adjust that.
What timezone are you in. I think I can change it from your member page for you.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
@Zonie excellent explanation and instructions.

poker

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Angie, I’d much appreciate that! Central time.

poker

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Everythings great! Thanks Angie

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
:thumb: Good to have the correct time. Not having the right time zone for me will drive me nuts.

Grumpa

58 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you, Zonie. Just checked mine, and It was set on "Bogota"! :confused:

Richard/Grumpa

Grumpa

58 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm just puzzled how my "Eastern Time" ended up as "Bogota"?

Richard/Grumpa