• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

what should i do with this?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
picked up a barn find the other day. appears to me to be the start of a TVM Tennessee. came with a GR Douglas barrel. 32 cal.
barrel tenons hadn't even been inletted.
thinking a siler small flintlock lock, but am stuck on a trigger. double set or single?. let me have yer opinions! 20210720_184813.jpg20210720_184813.jpg
20210720_184947.jpg
20210720_184947.jpg
20210722_090715_resized.jpg
20210722_090748_resized.jpg
20210722_090826_resized.jpg

Late Ketland lock by Jim Chambers and a good set of double set triggers. Have two guns with this lock and they are fast...

The Chambers late Ketland is what I chose for my TN, SMR. It looks good on small (mine's also a .32) rifles.

picked up a barn find the other day. appears to me to be the start of a TVM Tennessee. came with a GR Douglas barrel. 32 cal.
thinking a siler small flintlock lock, but am stuck on a trigger. double set or single?. let me have yer opinions!View attachment 86140View attachment 86140View attachment 86142View attachment 86142View attachment 86143View attachment 86144View attachment 86145
I'd say you should probably sell it! To me. If'n I can afford it:)

now all i have to do is decide how i am going to hide the the purchases from the ceo! wish the late Ketland was a tad shorter but i think it will fit the cheek.
had a bad night and momma feels sorry for me, now is the time to strike! "hello mrs Chambers?, i'd like to order........". :ghostly:
If you see her in your wood shop build a box out of plywood....runnnnnnnnnnn!

thinking a siler small flintlock lock, but am stuck on a trigger. double set or single?. let me have yer opinions!
Two opinions from me: 1.Do what you like for yourself! 2. Single if you are going to hunt, double if you are going to shoot in competition.
Larry

Looks like you could end up with a mighty fine "squirrel rifle" there:cool:. My choice for the trigger would be a DSDT mostly because I am partial to them on small to medium caliber rifles. On larger caliber hunting rifles I like a simple single trigger. :thumb:

Two opinions from me: 1.Do what you like for yourself! 2. Single if you are going to hunt, double if you are going to shoot in competition.
Larry
Only competition i have left in me is competing with the dog for breakfast.
this is going to be purely for enjoyment, though i may pot a grouse once in a while just because they are so tasty and the 32 is to small for any other critters around here.

as I only have one rifle with a single trigger (a mortimer) i have decided on the double set triggers. i also found i don't have room for a lock plate larger then at the most 5 inches x 3/4. the late kirkland might fit but i am leaning to the Chambers small Siler deluxe flintlock.
sanded the pigeon manure off the stock and it is looking like it will be a very nice piece of wood. now to summon up the energy to do the work!

as I only have one rifle with a single trigger (a mortimer) i have decided on the double set triggers. i also found i don't have room for a lock plate larger then at the most 5 inches x 3/4. the late kirkland might fit but i am leaning to the Chambers small Siler deluxe flintlock.
sanded the pigeon manure off the stock and it is looking like it will be a very nice piece of wood. now to summon up the energy to do the work!
You'll start to hear this little voice in your head saying, "sell it, sell it, sell it to them", meaning me.😁

Back