• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What on earth is happening with supply of primers?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a friend who works at Federal Cartridge...he told me that the priority now is primers for ammo going to Ukraine...I would rather have that as the destination for primers that any other venue until Ukraine beats the manure out of Russia!

I have a friend who works at Federal Cartridge...he told me that the priority now is primers for ammo going to Ukraine...I would rather have that as the destination for primers that any other venue until Ukraine beats the manure out of Russia!
I agree.

Screw the American firearm enthusiasts who just want to enjoy their sports without paying .15 each as opposed to .04 each for hard to find primers.

Selfish Americans are getting on my last damn nerves.

I say, America last.

I agree.

Screw the American firearm enthusiasts who just want to enjoy their sports without paying .15 each as opposed to .04 each for hard to find primers.

Selfish Americans are getting on my last damn nerves.

I say, America last.
Seems to be to going concensus...........

When Biden took office my partners and I figured it would be another Obama 2.0 So naturally we stocked up on primers and powder. Democrat History always repeats itself. We had/have enough to help our friends.
Doc,

Can anyone tell me? My only source of primers is the Naturabuy site *France) and all I see is a bunch of profiteers selling them in bags of 50 for as many Euros, or people selling them for 26 Euros for 250... and when you scroll down to the bottom he page, you find that the shipping charge is another 26 Euros! Will this situation improve, or is my hobby to be made ufeasibly expensive on account of the profiteers on Naturabuy?
Have you received that cap making kit and empty caps yet?
I am very curious as to its effectiveness.

Have you received that cap making kit and empty caps yet?
I am very curious as to its effectiveness.
I have indeed! However, since then I have managed to acquire 500 No. 11's so its been a bit on the backburner. I will have a look at it this weekend, test it and put some pics up. In the end, I might hae to use it anyway, 'cos the No.11 caps frequently dont have the grunt I require and I often get misfires. Looking for a musket cap cnversion currently.

Last edited:
Federal no longer operates the Lake City Army ammunition plant, Winchester won the contract in 2019. Winchester also manufactures 5.56mm and 7.62mm at Lake City for sale to the public.

#11 caps and musket caps are small peanuts. The local Academy store sometimes puts #11 caps on display. First muzzleloader person to see them grabs them all. Ditto for Cabela's.

Hi, sir Boniface Harrison,
For caps look here, Philippe won't have enough for long time (une commande reçue avant 15h.00 part le soir même), it is not too expensive in the time we live: https://www.armurerie-municentre.fr/armes-a-poudre-noire/5-amorces-cles-moules-poires-et-accessoires-pn/626.html
Another place (Mathieu et Maeva): https://www.mdshooting.fr/amorces/1292-amorces-2052507303984.html
Cheaper than Naturatruc... ;)Thank you for this very useful information!

Back