• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What Nipple for Pedersoli Rocky Mtn. Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pedersoli uses the thread pattern M6-0.75mm for #11 nipples. I don't know where the above poster got that info from. The spec of M6-0.75mm comes directly from Pedersoli.

All my Pedersoli rifles & shotguns take 1/4x28 nipples & that's the size Mag-Spark sells it's 209 adapters for Pedersoli. Why people keep asking "what thread size" over & over on this forum when the info is readily available on line if you just bother to look is baffling. Would eliminate all the confusion that is being demonstrated by this thread.

"Why people keep asking "what thread size" over & over on this forum when the info is readily available on line if you just bother to look is baffling."

It gives people meaning in their lives. LOL!

Interesting, all of my Pedersoli rifles say M6-.075mm. Newer vs older models maybe?

Pedersoli uses the thread pattern M6-0.75mm for #11 nipples. I don't know where the above poster got that info from. The spec of M6-0.75mm comes directly from Pedersoli.
The poster got that information from the Pedersoli accessories catalog.

The revolver nipples are M6-0.75.

The rifle nipples are 1/4-28 which is the nipple specified in the Pedersoli accessories catalog:

No I own a Pedersoli rifle that takes M6-0.75mm nipples. Period. 1/4-28 would not fit.

Pedersoli used both the 1/4 28 and the 6mm nipples at different times. So you just have to check. Your local hardware store should have the metric threads on bolts as well as 1/4 /28 so you can easily check. Get a metric bolt and try it at home. I don't advise carrying the gun into a store these days.

Just buy on of each size 1/4-28 & 6-.75 , if you are out of pocket to the tune of $6 what does it really matter. Gives you a good excuse to get a gun that will fit the other nipple, Well that's the theory I work by.

My T/C Hawken and Pedersoli Traditional Hawken nipples interchange so that should be T/C 1/4-24 and Pedersoli 6-.75

I Have 3 Pedersoli percussion rifles and they all take 1/4 X 28 sized nipples, including a Rocky Mountain Hawken

What's the date code? If we can determine when the rifle was proofed, maybe we can determine the thread used for the percussion nipple.

It will be easier to go the local hardware store and buy 1, 1/4-28 bolt and 1 6MM-0.75 bolt and see which one fits, Lets eliminate this speculation nonsense and determine the facts of the situation.

For what it’s worth my Pedersoli Rocky Mountain Hawken is about 5 years old and zero doubt its 1/4 x 28.
That should do it. The rifle in question was purchased new in 2017, fired once, cleaned (nipple lost in process), and put in safe. Owner never pursued it any further, preferring CAS. So I will order a couple of 1/4x28 nipples. Thanks!

Back