• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had the wonderful opportunity to visit Chambers Flintlocks in Candler NC, on Thursday. Had a nice visit with Jim, Karen, Jason and Barbie and picked up my Mark Silver Virginia rifle in .58. Got started on it, but it will be a long process, my third Chambers build.
Thanks to all at the shop for their welcoming attitude.

Completed another small patch/neck knife from an old file.
9E61908A-9E07-4000-8CFA-7F45C2241137.jpeg

Finished dbl barrel 12 gauge that was gifted to me by an old family friend. He had found it at a garage sale parts in zip lock bags and a very messed up stock. Had been in storage for decades. Luckily he lived up in the dry mountain air so very little rust. I made an ebony but plate and gave what needed a blueing. You CVA haters go ahead and hate but I love this gun.
Very nice build

Finished dbl barrel 12 gauge that was gifted to me by an old family friend. He had found it at a garage sale parts in zip lock bags and a very messed up stock. Had been in storage for decades. Luckily he lived up in the dry mountain air so very little rust. I made an ebony but plate and gave what needed a blueing. You CVA haters go ahead and hate but I love this gun.
Wow, I like that. Nice job!

Sewed a little on a shooting pouch project this evening. I was working on an airplane earlier....not really muzzleloader related until I found something useful for shooting while poking around above the headliner.
I take it the airplane hasn't flown in some while. Did the "something useful" have occupants?

Good Morning to all.
Picked up a CVA .50 caliber Blazer at a Flea Market.
60 dollars.
Outside of barrel looked good, the bore hazed with rust.
Stocked was stained with out sanding.
Have barrel soaking in oil right now.
Sandded the stock a little bit, looks like it will finish up nicely.

Good Morning to all.
Picked up a CVA .50 caliber Blazer at a Flea Market.
60 dollars.
Outside of barrel looked good, the bore hazed with rust.
Stocked was stained with out sanding.
Have barrel soaking in oil right now.
Sandded the stock a little bit, looks like it will finish up nicely.
Bring it back to life.

Back