• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turned a tapered plug/strap mount that screws into a bonze bushing.

Will get a coat of minwax paste wax after the alcohol evaporates.

Gotta figure out something for a strap that doesn't look too chunky.

Spout plug too.

Attachments

• IMG_2587.JPG
    IMG_2587.JPG
    809.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2592.JPG
    IMG_2592.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2593.JPG
    IMG_2593.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2596.JPG
    IMG_2596.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2597.JPG
    IMG_2597.JPG
    376.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2599.JPG
    IMG_2599.JPG
    380.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2600.JPG
    IMG_2600.JPG
    442.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2601.JPG
    IMG_2601.JPG
    325.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Today I lubed up the last 20 Minie balls I have, in preparation for running them through my Zouave. Several of them had skirts dented in shipping but I found that I was able to get them round again using the funnel of my Ted Cash powder measure as a form.

After that I put in an order with Track of the Wolf for 50 more Minies, 150 .562 round balls, and a bag of .015" .60 - .69 shooting patches. I'll try those patches with some .570 balls I have. (I like to use shooting patches one size up, e.g., .60 - .69 for my .58 because it's easier to ensure the ball is completely surrounded by the patch.)

Working to clean up , shape , and polish a totally solid copper trigger guard for a smooth rifle. This copper is much harder than brass , and the silver solder holding the pieces together is difficult to remove. This gun will be a strange critter when finished. Wish I had a phone to send photo's to the forum. The copper parts should engender some laughter.:D

Shot at Log Cabin Sport Shop with my Andy Thomas made , Jim Kibler Colonial .54 cal. rifle.
Rats, no pictures , but was a 8th Pennsylvania / Northwest Dept. B.A.R. event.
Fired 5 shots at 25 yards. Got a 3 inch group low in the black.
Fired one shot each at a 8 inch bull target at 50 yards all on target except a miss from a hang fire due to a wet pan. It was rainy and windy, but the rest of the units finished on novelty targets.

Wonderful! I spent a nice session at the range this morning, wanting to check out a heavier load for the 54 Rocky Mountain with Tom A Hawk's lovely little peep sight. During the ten-shot group, over a casual fifty minutes or so, a young couple kept meandering behind for a look at what was making all the smoke. Needless to say, an offering of a shot each was taken up with delight. Oh - I did swap out Tom A Hawk's aperture for a slightly smaller diameter. I'm really keen on the peep sight. It's unobtrusive and makes for a clearer sight picture. Aesthetically pleasing too.

Pete

C66.jpg
C67.JPG
C68.JPG

Working to clean up , shape , and polish a totally solid copper trigger guard for a smooth rifle. This copper is much harder than brass , and the silver solder holding the pieces together is difficult to remove. This gun will be a strange critter when finished. Wish I had a phone to send photo's to the forum. The copper parts should engender some laughter.:D

It sounds like I have a companion for your gun.
Blade 4.jpg

Ran a match in north geoegia in spite of storms overnite and threatening in the morning. 8 shooters, 2 new ones, sent 9 members to the york shoot to represent us and many others had family plans. Results were smiles and when is the next one? Hard to beat those results.

Turned a tapered plug/strap mount that screws into a bonze bushing.

Will get a coat of minwax paste wax after the alcohol evaporates.

Gotta figure out something for a strap that doesn't look too chunky.

Spout plug too.

That's flat out awesome. Good work!

Ran a match in north geoegia in spite of storms overnite and threatening in the morning. 8 shooters, 2 new ones, sent 9 members to the york shoot to represent us and many others had family plans. Results were smiles and when is the next one? Hard to beat those results.
Heavy rain Norfolk uk the flint shooters at mate Roy’s club , got their powder damp, and they struggled to get a shot down range

I gave up on the 1755 at holts auction. Bids getting too heavy for me as I had bid on other items , always another auction

Attachments

• 07E10CF9-D192-4078-A285-00E2867CDF03.jpeg
    07E10CF9-D192-4078-A285-00E2867CDF03.jpeg
    344.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 9269040E-D047-4F8E-BEFC-32644E8A0B69.jpeg
    9269040E-D047-4F8E-BEFC-32644E8A0B69.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back