• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took my family to the range Saturday, where my son made some more smoke from his left handed cut down Kit Carson that LAGS over at CB rebuilt for him.
Old picture here.
0gqsx1h.jpg

Tried paper cartridges in the 1858.
a7yvica.jpg

EjImjau.jpg

1A1W18M.jpg

2ofN4jl.jpg

dC7BFns.jpg

All rounds fired at 11 yards, two hand standing. 25 grains of OE 3f, need to try again with longer paper and 30 grains. For some reason the people shooting downwind of us seemed to need to leave suddenly, no idea why...

Broke down my camp & came home….
7 days at Hatchie Run Longhunters Fall Rendezvous & Shoot..
We had a total of 38 camps if I’m not mistaken..& 42 shooters.
Good Friends, Great food, great fun and lots of making smoke.

View attachment 170468

View attachment 170469

View attachment 170470
I sure wanted to make it to this one but between being behind at work and a bad u-joint on my truck, couldn't make it happen. I'm glad y'all had a good one. Is it held the same time every year? Is there a spring rendezvous as well?

Yes Sir! it was a great time & wish you could have made it down.

Our Spring camp is the 4 th weekend of April & Fall camp is the 4 th weekend in October. Every year, unless something drastic happens.

Waiting by the front door for some black powder to appear so I can put it away for latter.
Got 5 more pounds to add to my stock pile. First time that I've purchased any Swiss powder. At $10 more a pound it probably will be the last.

Attachments

• 20221025_132453.jpg
    20221025_132453.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
After three attempts, I finally made some powder that ignites. If commercial powder becomes hard to come by, I have an alternative.

And today I dry balled my rifle :doh:.
So, I had the pleasure of disassembling the rifle and remove the breach plug because I also screwed up pulling the ball. It was a learning opportunity.

After three attempts, I finally made some powder that ignites. If commercial powder becomes hard to come by, I have an alternative.

And today I dry balled my rifle :doh:.
So, I had the pleasure of disassembling the rifle and remove the breach plug because I also screwed up pulling the ball. It was a learning opportunity.
welcome to the Eternal order of dry ballers. only way to resign is to stop muzzleloading.

Back