• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little after the fact but, made these, hoping to test them out tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_20220921_231514_593.jpg
    IMG_20220921_231514_593.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Ran a match with the Talking Rock BPShooters. 13 shooters, 5 admin and 2 walkups to see what the noise was about. Beautiful fall day. Nothing but smiles and good day.

I stopped by a local pawn shop this morning. Last time I was in they had a rough TC New Englander and a really rough TC Renegade. I went back this time with a small light to look at the Renegade again. The barrel was so rusty and covers in gray powder you couldn’t even see the rifling! Blew down the barrel as hard as I could and no air flow through the nipple. The stock was cracked. The ramrod was replaced by a fiberglass tent pole! Ramrod thimble was about to fall off. It had some pretty rusted spots on the outside of the barrel! I offered them $25 for it! I was asked to leave the store. They were a bit touchy!

Took my daughter to the range so she could shoot her New Englander for the first time. She did very well. Even loaded it herself.

I fired my TC PA Hunter for the first time. Also, my very first time firing a flinter and I love it!! It grouped well at 50yds to boot. Boy you sure have to commit to good follow through with the flinter though!

Attachments

• IMG_20220924_162637537.jpg
    IMG_20220924_162637537.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Swaged slug rifle bullets for the match at Canal Fulton tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20220505_191706.jpg
    20220505_191706.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Been there, man. You’d think folks would have thicker skin. Heck it ain’t personal, it’s just business.
He was pretty ticked! Golly it’s not my fault he gave money for a gun in that bad of shape!! I was offering what the gun was worth to me.

today i woke with about 50% paralysis from my waist up. decided to take it easy and rendered some bear fat to oil.
little bear one of the hunters i allowed to hunt gave up 10lbs of fat. small and skinny. i had enough umph to dice 4 lbs of it and cooked it down. Anyone want some cracklins? boy o boy does rendering bear fat draw the flies. there were a squadron of them big enough to haul one off! wife wanted me to do it on the stove so she could keep an eye on me, but i knew it would smell up the house, so used the single burner on the bbq.
now i just need to mix with a little bees wax and will have lube for the year!
2.5 pints oil from 4 lbs fat.

Attachments

• 20220925_124104.jpg
    20220925_124104.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
I stopped by a local pawn shop this morning. Last time I was in they had a rough TC New Englander and a really rough TC Renegade. I went back this time with a small light to look at the Renegade again. The barrel was so rusty and covers in gray powder you couldn’t even see the rifling! Blew down the barrel as hard as I could and no air flow through the nipple. The stock was cracked. The ramrod was replaced by a fiberglass tent pole! Ramrod thimble was about to fall off. It had some pretty rusted spots on the outside of the barrel! I offered them $25 for it! I was asked to leave the store. They were a bit touchy!
Good on ya .... you challenged their goofiness ... and won. Dale

Yesterday morning, after church, I gave a little presentation to some of the kids and adults about East Tennessee rocks, flint knapping and flintlocks. I showed them a flintlock tower pistol, explained how it worked and let all the kids who wanted pull the trigger to see the sparks. The gun had a flint I made. No powder or balls were taken for safety reasons since we were in the church parking lot.

I also showed them how Native Americans made arrow heads. One young fellow was already making an arrow head before we left.😄

Back