• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool! I got my 1st .40 fast twist sidelock 3 yrs ago, I have 2 others now, one fast twist sidelock & one smokeless inline.
I love the .40 calibre…I’m building a .40 calibre Kibler at the moment…and I have a .40 calibre TVM Natchez PoorBoy. That calibre has lots of promise to me. .390 PRBs group nice and tight out to 50 yrds…and I can load it with .375 PRBs and do the same thing, using heavy denim patching.

I love the .40 calibre…I’m building a .40 calibre Kibler at the moment…and I have a .40 calibre TVM Natchez PoorBoy. That calibre has lots of promise to me. .390 PRBs group nice and tight out to 50 yrds…and I can load it with .375 PRBs and do the same thing, using heavy denim patching.
Cool man, enjoy them. I’m NOT a “ roundball shooter “ never have been except for my first yr with the TC Hawken .50 I & my father & youngest brother all started out with. If I can’t shoot conicals or bullets out of it, I don’t want anything to do with it.
I wish that 35yrs ago when I started muzzleloading that I’d have learned about the Gibbs in .40. I’d have gotten one & would still be shooting it today.

Cool man, enjoy them. I’m NOT a “ roundball shooter “ never have been except for my first yr with the TC Hawken .50 I & my father & youngest brother all started out with. If I can’t shoot conicals or bullets out of it, I don’t want anything to do with it.
I wish that 35yrs ago when I started muzzleloading that I’d have learned about the Gibbs in .40. I’d have gotten one & would still be shooting it today.
Well we both love blackpowder shooting. Throwing those huge chunks of lead, that you do; I’ll track down the monsters…and you finish ‘em off.

Honestly I much prefer shooting as light, fast, flat, of a bullet as I can get away with. I do very little “ big lead “ bullets shooting.
Out of my .50 calibres…I like a heavy bullet for elk, hollow point preferred.

I’ve been experimenting with a Lee Mould, casting .40 S&W bullets and trying to get them to group nicely out of my TVM…not going so well at the moment. But I’ve got a couple tricks up my sleeve to try yet. I like the lighter fast bullets in general, but for elk…I lean towards a hammer from the .50…in .54 calibre, the RB works wonders

worked up the courage to cut the excess wood off above my fowler barrel inlet. am starting to doubt myself more and more.
scraped off all the layout markings for the RR channel and redrew them double checked twice(quad check?).
came into the house to double check the length of the Kibler lock i have coming. got side tracked here.
break is over bye!

Set up targets for a Woods Walk Blanket Shoot at Wittenberg Sportsmen’s Club Woodstock NY on
Sunday 7/24. Hope you’ll be there!
That sounds awesome, I've never seen anything like that for muzzleloaders on the east coast & what I've only heard about were all orchestrated around traditional ML's with real BP & PRB's. Nothing for powder sub shooters with conicals or for inline shooters. So even if they were close, it would still exclude me & what I prefer to shoot. I hope you have a good turn out & enjoy it. Perhaps post some pics of the diff stations. Back in my home state I said something to the managers of the Skeet & Sporting Clay range to think about doing a woods walk with various diff targets & ways to have to shoot them for us muzzleloader guys & it is a big muzzleloading shooting & hunting regiion on the east coast, but nuthin was ever done. I'd love that.

Threaded a knob I had in the shop to a fiberglass ramrod. now I have a range rod! +++ Up date -and-venison burgers from last year's buck. T/C renegade. .54

Last edited:
Cast some big ‘ol .715 round balls.
6E2AFE07-4562-4D0A-991A-DA8A339D80BB.jpeg

I spent my morning watching my two grandsons…and working on filing and polishing the but-plate, and trigger guard for my Kibler kit. Grand kids are now at the lake with Nana (My Wife)…and I still cannot find the but-plate…trigger guard was under the couch.

So…I’m a bit excited right now…
If that were me, my wife would say I didn't watch them very well then... She has a way of stating the truth in no uncertain terms...
hope you found the plate.

I was after a pair of .36 nitro
barrels to make into a flintlock double I bid £286 at holts. Sealed bid sold for £500 (£675 including buyers premium ) always another auction and rich bidders

I already have a percussion .350 double rifle and a 450.-400 unmentionable And I built a double .6” flintlock helped by L&R but I really wanted these .36 barrels

Such are auctions

Attachments

• 39C88A47-79C0-4D99-BC23-10AE118EC9D1.jpeg
    39C88A47-79C0-4D99-BC23-10AE118EC9D1.jpeg
    47.1 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg