• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so far today i cast a bunch of round balls, 51 to the pound. got finished with that and asked the wife what she wants for her birthday, a new faucet for the kitchen or a belt for her vacuum?
when i can walk again am going to shoot some of those round balls.
20220625_122931.jpg

i cant seem to get my 54's to like the REAL's. they shine with the Maxies and round ball.
in the .45 all i have for a mold is the RB. shooting the way it does at 150 with those PRB's is good enough for me. i no longer chase Elk. and the deer come to me.
this little guy found a mineral lick 10 feet in front of my 60 yard gong! spends hours licking dirt!612022 (8).JPG
6252022 (441).JPG

Today I “Double” Checked my Double .58 Pedersoli…Its nice and clean from last time it was shot and cleaned. Makes me feel better to know.

It shoots the Real Bullets (445gr 8Bhn) extremely well. Also Prb’s just the same.

Attachments

• BFD45E93-A8AB-4454-886F-800EC66D93D5.jpeg
    BFD45E93-A8AB-4454-886F-800EC66D93D5.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 0
I did some shooting this evening with my .45 Cal. Navy Arms (Pedersoli) Kentucky rifle. It rained most of the day so the humidity was about 99.99%, but it was still fun. With a cast round ball, pillow ticking, and 60 grains of FFFg Diamondback, I could make one ragged hole at 50 yards and consistently ring my 12" gong at 100 until the humidity got so bad I couldn't keep my glasses from fogging over. It was still fun. and not bad with iron sights and old eyes!

Just went shooting at the range today. I brought my Harper's Ferry Pistol, Hawken and underhammer and shot them a bunch at different distances. I tried out my Harper's Ferry Pistol, and it worked well! I had some trouble with some flashes in the pan, but after I picked the touch hole and replaced the flint, she shot like a dream! My Hawken worked pretty good too, and I didn't have a single flash in the pan today, which is very good! The little underhammer is the most accurate gun I've ever seen, it consistently shoots better than my AR and .308 gun. If I weren't shooting offhand, I probably could get 3 shots through the same hole at 100 yards no problem. Overall, today was a good day at the range.

cast 20 .54 maxi's.
made a vent pick for my .45 tmr.
shot my Tmr at 150 yards again just to see if yesterday was a dream. today i switched to dry patch treated with moose milk just for kicks.
hit the 6x10 plate 3 out of 5.
would have been 4 out of six but............................................ father forgive me for i have sinned! I dry balled. second ever. got distracted filing the front sight .
took the vent liner out and there was the ball.
nekked. not even a patch. i feel like such a loser🤪
was going to pump it out with my grease gun filled with my homemade bullet lube but tried the old screw first. locked the rod in the vice and tugged on the rifle. out it came. sorry, no how do i get a stuck ball out thread!
pulling that ball about crippled me so am done for the day. Tomorrow will be better.
am astounded i can hit anything at 150 with these sights. almost makes me feel young again.20220626_151054.jpg
20220626_151108.jpg

Last edited:
My Grandson and I shot our new guns. His .36 Pennsylvania and my new .54 Selb Hawken. He’s never shot a Flint gun before. He did OK. About 15 yards and they were all in the black. His only complaint is it took to long to shoot. I was swabbing between shots trying to figure out the zero. I gave up and just let him shoot.

Attachments

• IMG_0547.MOV
    24.2 MB
Hit the private range I belong to, got to do a lot of practicing on NOT flinching with my flintlock TC Hawken .45 cal. round ball. All these years shooting this was my first time I was by myself not a soul around! I just loved it shooting taking my sweet time got her to shoot consistently with little to no hesitation and just enjoying it all. Actually shot pretty good. Practiced at 50 and then 75 yards and surprisingly most all the shots were in a nice grouping. Afterwards sat nearby and clean her up good and headed home with a smile.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 5.16.03 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 5.16.03 PM.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8503.TRIM.MOV
    30.6 MB
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back