• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gordoncourtney, I like your rendition better than the original! I see a matchlock pistol being fired under water!
my first impression was a Uboat being sunk but had to tie it to muzzleloading!
View attachment 139764
I thought it was California from outer space. Thanks for the help guys had to put the smaller engraver in the shed all alone took three hours.
Or it’s a map of where you hunted last year. Whatever makes you happy , I look at it for hours dreaming. Yours for $7 m.

I had a go at hammer and chisel engraving guns. Did not get far with that. Then I thought engraver and that’s how it all started. It’s a hobby for when I get old . I have just too many projects on the go at 79’And as this is relatively a large place I have collect loads of stuff since we moved in on 1986 I am warn out now sitting in the sun.
Whilst moving stuff around I came across this old barrel with a martini thread It’s about 28” long by 1.25” across flats bored .45. And rifled 1/28”. Could be a great Gibbs ml target rifle. But must leave something for my old age

magic to chat with you

I

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 0D4C8F30-B83E-4341-82F3-D0FDFF16A4C9.jpeg
    0D4C8F30-B83E-4341-82F3-D0FDFF16A4C9.jpeg
    121.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 9E127F65-6594-4C13-B713-FB9BF35BE761.jpeg
    9E127F65-6594-4C13-B713-FB9BF35BE761.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 25
I took my brand new Uberti Wells Fargo pocket pistol out back and burned some powder with it.
Then it got it's first post shoot clean and put away in the case I am making for it. It is just a small plastic case that once held hair clippers, but there is plenty of room in there. Just need a big piece of foam.

After crappie fishing, got home to find Management (wife) angry - not an unusual event - not because I've spent the last three days fishing but because rabbits have been eating her garden plants, various birds (and our chickens) digging out seeds.

"Aha!" So I've loaded up my 12 gauge flintlock fowler, placed it beside the kitchen door and await a chance to fill her garden with white smoke. Understand, she is of little faith the cottontail cartel will be vanquished by this historically correct defense, but I'm happy.

After crappie fishing, got home to find Management (wife) angry - not an unusual event - not because I've spent the last three days fishing but because rabbits have been eating her garden plants, various birds (and our chickens) digging out seeds.

"Aha!" So I've loaded up my 12 gauge flintlock fowler, placed it beside the kitchen door and await a chance to fill her garden with white smoke. Understand, she is of little faith the cottontail cartel will be vanquished by this historically correct defense, but I'm happy.
Sounds like you live in paradise

I dreamt that I bought a Indian made flint lock smoothbore! After shooting it about a dozen times the frizzen and pan fell off! They had been held in place with super glue!! Then I inspected the barrel and it was rusted almost all the way through. Then I was going through my information trying to find the contact info for the person I bought it from so I could return the piece of junk! What a nightmare!!

I dreamt that I bought a Indian made flint lock smoothbore! After shooting it about a dozen times the frizzen and pan fell off! They had been held in place with super glue!! Then I inspected the barrel and it was rusted almost all the way through. Then I was going through my information trying to find the contact info for the person I bought it from so I could return the piece of junk! What a nightmare!!
My made in India is held together with epoxy. Your dream was not far out 🥸🥸🥸🥸🥸🥸😃😃😃😃😕😕😕😕😕

It’s a hot sunny day 20 miles west of London

That walnut dust gets up your nose it’s so fine , wearing a mask this time. I just finished rough sanding 40 grit the bones of my second .5 ml Gibbs walnut stock Oiled first one thats the octagonal one . 625 bore Both percussion 1875. I’ll go over it with the Dremmil fine sanding if The third one is still .5. Both with 38” barrels but the lock is flint LH. Compliments of eBay USA nice sparker and not loss wax

just something to do. I have run out of wall space what with guns and paintings everywhere. I am getting better with my work after 60 years of practice and my grandad was a helpful school woodwork master and technical college was engineering

I wish you also well in your projects Seeing the throwing knife, we see some of theses Swedish knives going for £100s and often thousands of pounds at Holts auction I was surprised years ago at how sought after hand made knives are Great forum

ps trying to make my own paints with my solar powered ball mill

Attachments

• 4B35DBEE-5AD3-47AD-82D3-52A908FA319E.jpeg
    4B35DBEE-5AD3-47AD-82D3-52A908FA319E.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 25
  • 6C93E4C1-D012-488E-A22C-32168B2DB188.jpeg
    6C93E4C1-D012-488E-A22C-32168B2DB188.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 23
  • 5F752357-8337-4785-A33F-17B789EF90AE.jpeg
    5F752357-8337-4785-A33F-17B789EF90AE.jpeg
    172.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 0C35B8D5-FC2F-415D-945F-8824F7BD4B7C.jpeg
    0C35B8D5-FC2F-415D-945F-8824F7BD4B7C.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 24
  • E31A78DE-92F5-405E-B5BE-CD2625F72288.jpeg
    E31A78DE-92F5-405E-B5BE-CD2625F72288.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 67448063662__CAF6FFBE-E0F4-4E97-ACCA-22622B53072E.MOV
    2.3 MB
  • 67448070143__20C9CB03-0C42-49F1-B97D-3C57493C3D99.MOV
    2.1 MB
I spent about 6 hrs disassembling and sanding to shape a CVA colonial pistol that I did a very poor job of doing 25 years ago. To be honest, I had no idea what I was doing then, and it showed. Now, once again due to my lack of knowledge, I managed to break the Trigger Guard. So I spent another 2-1/2 hrs searching on the internet to find someone who can braze it back together.

I thought it was California from outer space. Thanks for the help guys had to put the smaller engraver in the shed all alone took three hours.
Or it’s a map of where you hunted last year. Whatever makes you happy , I look at it for hours dreaming. Yours for $7 m.

I had a go at hammer and chisel engraving guns. Did not get far with that. Then I thought engraver and that’s how it all started. It’s a hobby for when I get old . I have just too many projects on the go at 79’And as this is relatively a large place I have collect loads of stuff since we moved in on 1986 I am warn out now sitting in the sun.
Whilst moving stuff around I came across this old barrel with a martini thread It’s about 28” long by 1.25” across flats bored .45. And rifled 1/28”. Could be a great Gibbs ml target rifle. But must leave something for my old age

magic to chat with you

I
Gordon may I suggest that you are a work of art?

I posted a wanted add for a .32 and got not response! Guess I’m searching for the impossible! Ha Ha today I’ll dream of the elusive .32!!!

Gordon may I suggest that you are a work of art?
Oh that’s nice or are you taking the piss. I could fall in love with you as my wife hates guns and killing She married a gunny fishy hunter, you are not taking the children fishing. You wicked man. But she loves meat and leather shoes and clothes. Alister a Scottish bastard popped over and we shot some arrows with my ionX Hoyt bow Great silent killer. I took my compound to France in my old Motorhome hoping to be attacked by robbers. Sadly none turned up. Terrifying weapon ha ha. Great to meet you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 15
I cast some .31 ammo in a dual mold that throws a conical and a ball.
Only dual cavity mold I ever encountered where I got more good conicals than I got roundballs. Usually it is the other way around, I get better a ball than the conical.

out of 50 casts I got 49 great bullets and 34 decent balls

Never cast such small bullets before. I actually was using my smallest ladle. I never use that for anything but slag clean, but it came in handy for this project.
Should have cleaned my melt pot. Cast iron small Dutch oven. There was enough iron rust in it that I had to skim a sizeable amount of slag out of it. (Haven't fired that pot up in a few years. I should have known better.)

I still got the touch though. Skills I learned from the wonderful shooters here in this forum about 9 years ago.

Back