• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good you didn't I'm sure. But I took pics of my big toe when in Home Depot dropped a sheet of 3/4 ply edge down. lost the toenail, etc.

I feel your pain, probably worse than my toe ! Haha

Ha ha. I climbed Ben Nevis Scotland with kids , I did not get to the top as my toes were killing me Don’t go climbing in heavy boots. , they had been to Oz three times well worn in Anyway my toes turned black , bruised , and I sat in the bath pulling my toe nails out They grew back but 5 years later they are still kind of numb , toenails grew back in time

something more grewsome. In Lagos Nigeria. People were complaining of the smell around a large container that had fallen off a lorry. Anyway they got a crainevto lift it and low and behold the smell was coming from a couple of human bodies.

ha ha a ladder slipped trapping my middle finger behind it. Just ripped the flesh off it all round it. It Hirt so much I cried. Anyway a couple of hours later it was all sewn up. Great to show people the scar ha ha ha v

I just drove 400 miles today to collect some eBay goodies took me jut over 12 hours terrible traffic but that’s England.

when will your president do more for those poor sods iim. Ukraine. Il go there if I can shoot a .5BMG and watch Russian heads explode. We have to do more than prayers for these poor Ukrainian people I wish yo well

Attachments

• 0F74AF00-CAB6-4435-A949-A23CEDC295B2.jpeg
    0F74AF00-CAB6-4435-A949-A23CEDC295B2.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 30
  • FE832D19-391F-438A-A4E5-379BCD89BE2B.jpeg
    FE832D19-391F-438A-A4E5-379BCD89BE2B.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 26
Working on finding parts for a CVA lock.
I have one out in my garage. There are different ones. Send me a pic of yours and, if it is the same as mine, I will send you what I think is a complete, disassembled lock. No charge but you could pay postage. Dale BTW mine is the older one used on most early rifles.

Last edited:
I put the first threaded bushing in a TC trigger inlet to replace the wood screws in the tang with tang bolts. I was concerned about getting the proper screw alignment between the tang and threads in the bushing, came up with a plan of action that worked well and kept things aligned.

I filled the old tang hole with a piece of hickory dowel and drilled a 13/64" hole through the tang with a centering drill for a tight tang bolt fit. The piece of dowel is short and leaves enough depth in the freshly drilled hole to install the bushing.

dowel hole in trigger inlet.JPG

tang bolt dowel in.JPG

I screwed the tang bolt on the bushing before I started the it into the wood to keep the proper alignment.

bushing alignment.JPG

I used the 1/4" drive bushing installer that came with the kit but the threaded portion broke off in the bushing so this was a deep as I could go. All of the trigger parts clear the bushing. I have the dowel glued in the other tang hole and will install the bushing tomorrow. Having worked out the kinks the next one should go easier. I have to shorten and put longer threads on a couple of the 11-32 tang bolts I have to fit the TC stock depth.

bushing in.JPG

Last edited:
I spent the last couple of days putting mink oil paste on my new Triple K #602 sholder holster. Also storing my Uberti New Model Army in said holster to break it into shape on the holster. Gun is sliding in comfortably now.

Yesterday, I went through some stuff to find some # 12 caps for a friend who is new to BP. Today, I went back out to the shop to straighten up my stuff and found I had over 3000 musket caps. YEAH! Time to mould some .577" Minies.

Low on gas for the firewrench, so I stoked up the old household woodstove after work, got some nice coals burning from oak and ash firewood. Tossed in a steel trigger guard until heated up to cherry red to do a little shaping on it. Just used some smooth jaw pliers and a pair of channel locks to bend it into a little more cosmetically appealing shape. My wife is pretty tolerant, but I wasn't going to push my luck with the little 55lbs anvil and hammer while she was sleeping. Tossed the finish product in the ash pan to let it cool nice and slow.

Back