• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm. Dug out my eight holsters and matched them to my six revolvers. Don't know why; I hardly ever shoot a revolver but, man, I love having them around. There are three Colt and three Remington replicas. Betty claims a couple of those ... oh well. Other than that, I just looked at what you all are up to. Cheers. Dale

couldn't quit so i changed sights on a TC Hawken flint. put a globe up front and a buckhorn in back. give's me an excuse to shoot it tomorrow.
while in the shop i took inventory of parts on hand and came up short for the Tennessee Classic.
made an order to muzzleloaderbuilderssupply.com. should keep me going a few more months.

D5D09659-F430-45E6-88DA-BC5758904ED3.jpeg
Re profiled another barrel that got too heavy for the shooter. Round to 16 then to the original 8 sides. This is an under hammer so the new front sight looks good.

Went to the Lake Cumberland Longrifle show. Had a great time! Met Loja man and bought a knife from him. He does great work and he’s a great guy! It was a pleasure to meet him.
I was great to meet you Flint! Thank you for you kind words! Thank you for the purchase of a AGouge knife! I hope it serves you well for many years!!! It was a good show!! Got to hang out with some other awesome knife makers!

I bought a GM barrel and a decked out TC Hawken stock, turns out the stock has a crack in the lock mortis. The crack is oil soaked so superglue won't work, I decided to use a V gouge to see how deep the crack went, it went down about 1/4". I decided to replace the wood so I used a tri-corner riffler file to make an even cut out to glue the new wood in. Fitting the piece just so was a pain, I was back and forth to the belt sander about 10 times with 4 different pieces of wood before I got the perfect fit.

Glue up time.

lock mortis patch.JPG

Of course I made the patch oversized for clamping and will trim it down to the lock mortis floor now what it is in place.

lock patch in.JPG

Because the crack started at the lock bolt hole I will probably drill the existing hole out and glue in a 3/8" hickory dowel to beef things up then re-dril the hole.

Will do, should have the boxes built soon, the fly however will be about 10 weeks.

RM

Hard to believe that it takes more than 60 board ft of 3/4" X 3.5" to build a box that is 17.5" X17.5" X 24". The 17.5" is so it will fit on one of those trailer hitch carriers/basket things. I use screws on the inside and underlay nails on the outside. Now its time for paint

IMG_9799.jpg

IMG_9806.jpg

IMG_9807.jpg

RM

Back