• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wiped down my new TVM. Work and "Honey Do's" have kept me from shooting it yet. Plan to light this puppy off this Weekend!!!

RM

1 TVM.jpg

Last edited:
Staining time, I thought those shims around the sideplate would disappear with stain but I had to use a different kind of maple and they didn't darken, I will get out my leather dye and artists brush and make the disappear today before I put on the next coat of finish. I had one of those days when I inletted the side plate, the plate shifted without me noticing it while I was scribing around it prior to inletting.
stain 1.JPG

stain 2.JPG
stain 3.JPG
stain 4.JPG

Finished tuning , browning , and lubing a flint lock . Final assembly starts tonight. Then wax her up and to the range. Gotta make some .562 balls. Have to put the stuff in a shot pouch ,so she's ready for sight in and huntin. :ghostly:

shot my Mortimer. used last months member's target. just for s&g's. may just go ahead and shoot this month's target as it was shooting so well.
worked some on the tang i am making for another flinter. had it mostly roughed when i noticed the tang was going its own direction from the block. had to hammer it straight which broke part of the weld so i had to fix that. that's when i figured it was time to go shoot!

Went out hunting…. For #11s

luck have it- found 500

Apparently they are difficult to find. I don’t have a Flintlock yet… and Have plenty of Shotgun ammo I could disassemble for the 209s if I run out…..

Or I’ll get a new nine volt for my Electra,I guess.

Found few other items I needed

Figured I’d start stocking up

Attachments

• 21688781-6954-49EF-84EB-2F23C53F6995.jpeg
    21688781-6954-49EF-84EB-2F23C53F6995.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Hosted a match at the talking rock BPShooters complex. 16 folks. 8th match ever, started with 7 at our first match.

Finished hand planing hickory ramrod.

Set it up in the metal lathe and made it one size diameter the length of it.

Next take it to 0.39 to 0.38 so it can be sanded to final diameter of 0.375"

Back