• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did some range time then I spied these behind the counter. Musket caps. SCORE! 20210729_160737.jpg

Got some new bronze bore brushes and ran them through all my flintlock pistols, 58, 50 and 44, then swabbed 'em. Amazed me how much BP fouling there was.

A guy at my club had some 5 lb ingots that were too big for his pot so I melted them down into more manageable sized pieces for him in time to give them to him at our match Sunday.

Now I'm getting ready to load up my '51 Navy with some Eras Gone .36 Colt conicals and take a little walk in the woods.

I acquired a used rifle with a barrel that wasn't quite as good as advertised.
Got pretty much all the rust cleaned up and today I got a can of PB Blaster.
I have the stuck nipple end of barrel soaking in the blaster. Hopefully, in the next few days, I'll be able to wrench the nipple out.

Haven't been able to get to the range for a while but, as we all know, black powder firearms require periodic affection and attention.. So I've been working through the arsenal, checking for rust (none), wiping out the bores and applying fresh oil. Finally, putting on a fresh layer of Renaissance Wax. This kind of care keeps them from sulking when you can't get to the range.

Jeff

shot my 54 Hawken with a new batch of fffg. happy with the results. made a cows knee for my Mortimer. used to heavy of leather. started another and ran out of steam.
found the steam in the house. Wife stepped on a obsidian flake with her bare foot. my new name is OLD FOOL!.

oh yeah, took the dog to the river for a swim. dog waded while i flopped around like a walrus. guess we both are to old to enjoy it like we used to.

Latest posts

Back