• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went antiquing locally with the wife. Didn't expect to find much but did score a couple of nice wooden cigar boxes with brass hardware to organize my patches, balls, wads, etc by caliber. $7 each. :)

0808212219.jpg

wm

Last edited:
wood cigar boxes ! my wife hates them! i have shelves lined with wood cigar boxes. all my handguns live in them. all my.......... well you get the drift.
i will give you $3 profit! :ghostly: i usually stop at 10 unless they have great lithography.
oh yeah, i made a new ramrod for a Hawken . used antler for ends. neighbor gave me a set of dowel cutters yesterday . worked perfect for cutting the ends. epoxied and pinned. looks better then the black wonder material rod i was using.
also shot the august postal shoot. nuff said about that.

my patch knife doubles as my fire starter. stick the point into the middle of my char cloth and usually one strike has it going.
i need to find a youngster to carry all my possibles. i keep making something every day! :doh: going to finish my .50 cal ball bag and the RR for my hawken. then i'm going to have a slice of key lime pie, followed by a slice of cheese cake.

then if i can still crawl, i am going to work on some 2f loads in my 54 hawken.:horseback:

I walked by and looked at the almost finished Haines rifle in my shop that has been siting on the same chair for months, I have the gun builders equivalent of "Writers Block" and can't get motivated. All I have to do to finish the gun is slim the wood in the wrist, forestock and around the cheekpiece.

100_6385.JPG

Mrs BPMS & drove about 25 - 30 miles down the Rt 127 yard sale last weekend in KY. Stopped at numerous yard sales all along the road. It is known as the "Longest Yard Sale in America....stretching from Michigan down to Alabama. I even ran into Nate, a fellow that watched a BPMS video on how to get a stuck ball out of his BP gun.

Anyway...I found a painters box with artist's paint tubes in it. I bought it for $2.00.
Mrs BPMS went to Hobby Lobby yesterday to pick up some foam. You can see the results of what a boxcutter, spray glue and a strange mind came come up with for this o' neat hobby...
It ain't pretty, but it is functional & that's all that matters for this o' shooter.
Now...I'm ready to go burn some powder....

234892323_258761255826042_5795852771101539939_n.jpg

I've been draw filing a 31" swamped barrel. This particular barrel had "chatter" about 4-5" from the breech, from the muzzle, and in the middle, and all the way around in those spots. Now that I have 4-5 hours in it, its looking pretty good. I've draw filed several other barrels, straight, swamped,and from different makers, but this one was the worst.

Shot about 20 through my 32 filing on front sight getting her to minute of squirrel head,hate putting new sights on a gun.

Tried melting some of the lead piping from a Gulf Coast chemical plant. May have gotten too much of a drain assembly into the mix.
Once melted it frosted up and formed a glittering ring around the rim of the pot. Wouldn't stop forming a glittering sheath on the dipper.
Either my melting pot is going downhill or this is The Lead From The Black Lagoon🤪 (and a future book end).
Emptied the pot and will try a new batch.

Got my 2 ball .562 mold in the mail.
Bought .018 patches and some Old Griz lube from DGW.
Handled my ASM Walker Colt.
Looking for .58 single shot percussion pistol.
That's it so far.

Latest posts

Back