• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my .54 Frontier REALLY dirty today!!!!
Set up a gong at 100 yards and whelped on it for several hours. - I love that ringing!
20211207_184740.jpg

EXCEPT - it will now take twice as long to reload!

Hmmmm...hadn't thought about that. Well, there was a third BP cylinder for sale........18 shots before I spend the rest of the day reloading?

BTW, I have one of those reloading stands for BP revolver cylinders, it cuts reloading time in half. I tried reloading my 1858 using the pistol's reloading lever....once. What a pain in the {behind], those soldiers and civilians were of a different, tougher breed than I am today. I doubt I would have survived. I really appreciate my ancestors now, what they had to go through to get us here.

Spent some time on the mountain where I hunt at, seen 4 one looked too be a decent buck, preparing for the late muzzle loading season which opens on the 18th of the month.

trimmed the blank for my mortimer replacement stock. started inletting the trigger.
got the mail at 2:30 which was a box of goodies from TOTW. included was 2 boxes of hornady rb for the .32.
hit the 6x8 gong 5 out of five at 50 off hand. it likes 25g fffg with a .310 ball and a .012 patch.
for my first build i think it will work!

I cast up some .440 and .490 round balls with the lead I purchased from Justin on this forum. Very clean lead, he did a great job.

Back