• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since the previous thread was shut down (locked) by our new moderator, I thought I would start one up again, as per the suggestion.
So, let's get this thread going again, and share your muzzleloading related adventures of the day!

Attachments

• 20230321_205008.jpg
    20230321_205008.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
This may be posted elsewhere still learning this web page.
But turned myself a ramrod mounted cleaning jag to my kibler 58 colonial
My not be period correct. But I sure hate fumbling with threaded adapters.
I just need to drill and pin it now.
And it's counter bored to receive 58 RB.

Attachments

• 20230321_205008.jpg
    20230321_205008.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
The snow is still hip deep, but it was a sunny day and temp was a balmy 36F (2C) on the mountain today. So, I put on snowshoes and trekked out to the southeast corner of the meadow, scratched a steel plate out of the snow and shot a cylinder's worth out of the Uberti 1860 Army that a couple of months ago I had loaded with my first batch of paper cartridges that I made.
The first cartridges I made are butt-ugly, look like they were made by a drunk one-eyed monkey, but they worked. Not a single misfire or hang fire. 25 yards offhand, all hits but a sorry spread. I attribute the poor pattern to skipping breakfast, sun glaring off of the snow, a light cross breeze, the slight rotational wobble of the earth on its axis and an abnormally high level of quantum tunneling in the meadow this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_0464.jpg
    IMG_0464.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0465.jpg
    IMG_0465.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Shot my old toaster a few more times just to make sure it was properly finished off. Then on to other projects...

On another thread, @Tanglefoot pointed out to me that carrying a large belt knife on the front strap of my possibles bag was maybe a Bad Idea as it presented a potential safety hazard. Well, I am stubborn and resistant to change, but honestly I don't really need a six-inch blade stuck in my chest to teach me a lesson about such things. That knife's handle was also getting tangled in my shooter's necklace from time to time, which is mildly irritating.

So.... first spent an hour looking for an old Buck Model 110 Folding Hunter that I KNOW is in this house... somewhere. After failing to find the lost knife, I went off on an adventure that took me to Fleet Farm where I bought some para cord and a new Buck 110 (thus assuring that I WILL find the lost one in a day or two). I thought that this might make a good compromise of convenience and safety to replace the previously mentioned belt knife.

I'd seen the para cord a few days ago and noted the price (9 ¢ per foot). I wasn't really happy with the kangaroo hide lacing I had previously used and thought the para cord would look and work better. Para cord is available in a variety of weights and colors. I bought ten feet of blue and ten feet of maroon.

Go ahead and ask me what historical period I am reenacting.... I double-dog-dare you!
IMG_20230322_173842_hdr.jpg

I'm getting that way will be 60 this Sunday it's getting tough to bust ass sun up to sun set. I have joined the professional napping league.
I feel ’ya! Just 10 years ago, at 50, I was up on roofs showing the “Pups” (probie FFs) how it was done during ‘Chainsaw appreciation’ drills (cutting vent holes in roofs manually with a fire ax). Now, my arthritic joints are to the point I hobble around like a 90 y/o.

I feel ’ya! Just 10 years ago, at 50, I was up on roofs showing the “Pups” (probie FFs) how it was done during ‘Chainsaw appreciation’ drills (cutting vent holes in roofs manually with a fire ax). Now, my arthritic joints are to the point I hobble around like a 90 y/o.
When your candle burns bright it's used up fast.

The joints may hurt but we are still looking at the green side of the lawn.

Back