• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I draw filed one and a half flats on the Kibler kit. I then tried out the new, to me, Lyman 535 rb mould I bought from the Log Cabin Shop. Round balls came out .530 which is OK, I didn't have one that size either. I've had several Lyman moulds cast under sized bullets. I'm using soft, water pipe lead I salvaged from a bathroom remodel I did a few years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_20230310_155144.jpg
    IMG_20230310_155144.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230310_102555~2.jpg
    IMG_20230310_102555~2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Good morning! Nice shooting. That's a catastrophic weather event where I'm at!

Pete
View attachment 204868
move over brother, i am on my way down under!
plowed snow all day! started to clean up my work space this morning about 7 am. found a partly made .45 pistol i need to finish someday.
checked how much snow was on the pickup cap and saw it was enough that i couldn't ignore it.

Definitely a blizzard by my standards @Dale Allen Raby.
Ahhhhhh at last the sun is warm on me We had snow a few days ago like 2”. Lasted 2 days ha a ha not up to your standard. I flew into Main mid December 1998 on route to Florida. Yes that was snow and oh so cold.
Love from across the pond, stay warm

Had to take a break. I slotted the under lugs on my Pedersoli Pennsylvania flint and I’m halfway through slotting the lugs on my SMR. Doing this is without a doubt the least fun thing I’ve ever done to any gun. It’s mainly that I just don’t see as well as I’d like up close, even with my super duty glasses. Oh well.

Attachments

• E361BB89-154C-485A-BEF5-C7C8456DFBFE.jpeg
    E361BB89-154C-485A-BEF5-C7C8456DFBFE.jpeg
    875.6 KB · Views: 0
I went to a small muzzleloading show that I had never been to before. Willingly spent way too much for a 'junk' pistol that was new in box. But I have always wanted one and nice ones are not common these days. I'm happy.

Had to take a break. I slotted the under lugs on my Pedersoli Pennsylvania flint and I’m halfway through slotting the lugs on my SMR. Doing this is without a doubt the least fun thing I’ve ever done to any gun. It’s mainly that I just don’t see as well as I’d like up close, even with my super duty glasses. Oh well.

It's getting to the point I grab my Optivisor for everything. If I don't need it right away, I will.

I just received my order from TOTW. UPS most definitely must be running on Saturdays now. Not just during the holidays.

TOTW and their packing peanuts. Sheesh, lol.
At least everything was up on the one end of a long skinny ramrod box.

Looks like I have some sanding to do. The stiffer rod is having a hard time making it through the second thimble and an even harder time when I go to remove it. From one extreme to the other.

More work than expected, but it didn't last long anyway.
I had to take the files to it. Actually both of the thimbles. At first I did so blindly, but then I looked inside the one and saw what I'm guessing is the hole the brass is poured into and an area of run off that was not quite flush. I think that was the problem. The rod seems like a good tension now.

Back