• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finished coning my GM TC drop in barrel, I gave the barrel a red scotch bright treatment, the lands are shiny now but the grooves are still pretty rough.

What looks like chatter marks must be some light shadow, they aren't visible when I look down the barrel with a light, everything is polished.

coned.JPG

This is after 50 passes with a red scotch bright pad, I changed pads every 10 strokes.

TCGM after scrub.jpg

So they finally tracked me down and mailed me the trophy from state championship in September. Pretty sure I was supposed to get maple syrup and sausage to go with it but the mailman must have been hungry ;) also got a silver medal in the mail from last weeks biathlon :) shot the trapper a bit and only did so so but ending on a high note hitting my 50 yard 6" plate on the first try.
IMG_5335.jpg

Shot my smoothbore..

90DB4F3A-CB01-45AF-9577-B0C21B4E900B.jpeg

Then cleaned and lapped the bore with JB bore shine paste & 0000 steel wool wrapped around a nylon brush..100 strokes.

Then did another 50 strokes with a tight patched jag with JB applied.

Cleaned and applied Barricade inside & out & put away until the next time..

I finished coning my GM TC drop in barrel, I gave the barrel a red scotch bright treatment, the lands are shiny now but the grooves are still pretty rough.

What looks like chatter marks must be some light shadow, they aren't visible when I look down the barrel with a light, everything is polished.

View attachment 196521

This is after 50 passes with a red scotch bright pad, I changed pads every 10 strokes.

View attachment 196522
That looks like every one of my .45 Jukar barrels.

1:66 full length chatter.

They still shoot surprisingly well though.

Removed the thick plastic coating on my Uberti Dragoon’s grips. Took 4 applications of stripper and lots of scraping to get that thick gunk off. I applied some walnut stain and boiled linseed oil that brought out the beautiful striping in the wood.

Before and after:

68D8A41B-89BB-4117-B10A-B5D9D9C75280.jpeg
50AB28DC-DF59-49D0-AD88-C16D068B1675.jpeg

Removed the thick plastic coating on my Uberti Dragoon’s grips. Took 4 applications of stripper and lots of scraping to get that thick gunk off. I applied some walnut stain and boiled linseed oil that brought out the beautiful striping in the wood.

Before and after:

View attachment 196587View attachment 196588
Nice work on those grips, ernbar! A lot of finishes conceal the beauty below. You did good. 👍

Pete

JB Weld wood putty for the bed. Rolled into ropes and pressed in.

Lighting fixtures being transformed into H&R Handi UnMen style barrel/stock mounts. JB Kwik Weld to secure them. Drilled and tapped for 5/16-24 screws.

Tumbler and bridle inletted.

8/32 or 10/32 for the single lock plate screw? Hmmm...

Attachments

• IMG_2293.JPG
    IMG_2293.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2295.JPG
    IMG_2295.JPG
    644.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2299.JPG
    IMG_2299.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
ran my biathlon course. six hits out of 9 shots. not sure what the distance is. it goes through two fields and the woods. stations 1,2 and 3 are at a little bit over 30 yards. station 4 is about 55 yards . had to take a better shot of the winning kit. ;)
IMG_5356.jpg

Latest posts

Back