• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took the T/C Hawken .50 with factory QLA out on the back porch to shoot some soda cans. It was -7° F this morning. Having dispatched the 25 yard soda can, I have retreated to the house to warm up before tackling the 75 yard can.

Edit: Just killed the 75-yard can. Enough cold weather shooting for the day! Time to clean the gun now. Shouldn't be too bad as I used 777.

Last edited:
Rendered some beef tallow left over from butcher our own beef to use for patch lubing.

I have several horns I've been working on at various stages getting them ready for end plugs.

Took the T/C Hawken .50 with factory QLA out on the back porch to shoot some soda cans. It was -7° F this morning. Having dispatched the 25 yard soda can, I have retreated to the house to warm up before tackling the 75 yard can.

Edit: Just killed the 75-yard can. Enough cold weather shooting for the day! Time to clean the gun now. Shouldn't be too bad as I used 777.
Wow -7 that is some hard core muzzleloader shooting. 👍

04039EA2-CA3B-47EE-9412-736F1FC7B7F8.jpeg

Converted this pistol from percussion to flint. Made a new drum replacement from a bolt and added a stainless touchhole liner.
I had a partial flintlock so purchased the replacement spring and frizzen and now I have a dual ignition option by swapping out two parts.

Y’all are tougher than me (@Dale Allen Raby )
I’ve been trying to adjust the sights on my 45 flintlock. I went out to the range yesterday and today to shoot. Today it was 22° with a 15-20 mph wind. I toughed it out for 3 shots off the bench to see where my sights were. My fingers were so cold I called it and went to the house.

Not a stellar group, but centered. I’ll find a better day to fine tune things. This was at 25 yards - working on a squirrel load.
2B3CBD5C-1CE9-4968-9B63-110FC2B9869A.jpeg

No, not any tougher,
I’ve been trying to adjust the sights on my 45 flintlock. I went out to the range yesterday and today to shoot. Today it was 22° with a 15-20 mph wind. I toughed it out for 3 shots off the bench to see where my sights were. My fingers were so cold I called it and went to the house.

Not a stellar group, but centered. I’ll find a better day to fine tune things. This was at 25 yards - working on a squirrel load
No, I'm not "tougher", you're just smarter than I am... and you got a pretty good group!

Not a stellar group, but centered. I’ll find a better day to fine tune things. This was at 25 yards - working on a squirrel load.
View attachment 194577
I'll take that group any day of the week! Good job!

The Big Brown Truck arrived. TOW stuff. Chambers' Siler Mountain lock, giant tap and 8/32 tang and lock screw set.

Drilled and tapped the .62 smoothie swamp barrel and fitted the breech plug.

Next will be using the tang to index 90 degrees for the drum drill and tap.

Attachments

• IMG_2152.JPG
    IMG_2152.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2153.JPG
    IMG_2153.JPG
    1,002.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2154.JPG
    IMG_2154.JPG
    904.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2155.JPG
    IMG_2155.JPG
    927.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2159.JPG
    IMG_2159.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2162.JPG
    IMG_2162.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2160.JPG
    IMG_2160.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2161.JPG
    IMG_2161.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2169.JPG
    IMG_2169.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

View attachment 194577
Nice shooting Mr SciAggie! It needs refining? Look out squirrels!

Pete

Finally (I think) have "broke the code" on properly making .36 Cal paper cartridges with the Mesa Winds tool and Eras Gone Mould's Colt Cartridge Works bullets.
Forty down ten to go for fifty..
Two shameless plugs in one sentence is this some kind of record?
Bunk

Back