• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This morning I cast up some .47 diameter x 1.1" long bullets to check on the mold performance and as-cast diameters on the ten drive bands prior to ordering a barrel for it.
0.470" bore diameter will be just right.

Browning the barrel, my last task before assembly.

8YAoiCD.jpg

New guy here so...browning?
But to the question got my new Perdersoli apart for a cleaning.

Went to take my 1792 Contract Rifle (bottom) out to the range today, and well wouldn't ya know it was busy. All 5 rifle stalls were occupied, hung around for a little bit but no one cleared out...oh well. Back home it goes, seen here with my newly acquired 75 cal committee of safety musket.

IMG_4583.jpg

Went to a lumber yard and found two 48" wooden dowels that will work perfectly for range rods for my musket and long rifle, until the ones I ordered from the track of the wolf arrive.

Trying to finish assembly of a completed .58 long rifle, Flint hammer not centered to frizzen. Might have to get a new tumbler , or hammer, or both. Will try to shrink the square hole in the hammer w/ a punch. Hammer goes on too far.

Checked my breeches for loose buttons, repairs two, checked my seems on a short worn a couple of weeks ago, repaired a little rent under one arm and a place in a seem starting to open

Spent the day cleaning and oiling the ML rifles, and looking over my California rifle, that a very fat old guy fell on and broke the stock and trigger guard. Trigger was lost in the confusion. Lock is percussion by Davis I think.
Also worked on a horn, making the usual mess. Joy!

finished inletting the lock on my SM project.
started inletting the trigger plate.
took the barrel out to make it easier to balance in the vise.
bumped the vise handle, putting too much pressure on the stock and broke a bit loose just forward of the flash hole/pan area. glued it and am sitting here kicking myself.

Last edited:
Hmm. Can't really discuss in detail as I took my black powder and inserted it into some brass tube unmentionables, then covered it up with some lead unmentionables to be inserted into the breech of an unmentionable at a later date. But hey, it involved black powder!

Ball casting! , and a lot of it!,-

Attachments

• 2021-10-04 16.23.28.jpg
    2021-10-04 16.23.28.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 2021-03-08 22.53.29.jpg
    2021-03-08 22.53.29.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 47
Back