What Muzzleloading Stuff Did You Do Today?

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Eric Krewson

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Staining time, I thought those shims around the sideplate would disappear with stain but I had to use a different kind of maple and they didn't darken, I will get out my leather dye and artists brush and make the disappear today before I put on the next coat of finish. I had one of those days when I inletted the side plate, the plate shifted without me noticing it while I was scribing around it prior to inletting.
stain 1.JPG

stain 2.JPG
stain 3.JPG
stain 4.JPG

rebs

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Since the previous thread was shut down (locked) by our new moderator, I thought I would start one up again, as per the suggestion.
So, let's get this thread going again, and share your muzzleloading related adventures of the day!
lubed some conicals

n3wyu

50 caliber
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I got two lbs of Olde Eynsford 3f. With what I have this should do for a while.

oldwood

54 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Finished tuning , browning , and lubing a flint lock . Final assembly starts tonight. Then wax her up and to the range. Gotta make some .562 balls. Have to put the stuff in a shot pouch ,so she's ready for sight in and huntin. :ghostly:

deerstalkert

50 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
shot my Mortimer. used last months member's target. just for s&g's. may just go ahead and shoot this month's target as it was shooting so well.
worked some on the tang i am making for another flinter. had it mostly roughed when i noticed the tang was going its own direction from the block. had to hammer it straight which broke part of the weld so i had to fix that. that's when i figured it was time to go shoot!

painter

40 Cal
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I did the Primitive Biathlon at the Pemi in NH today, except I walked it. This old man doesn't run. 😁 Had a good time, and shot pretty well, for me anyway.

Reaction score
Went out hunting…. For #11s

luck have it- found 500

Apparently they are difficult to find. I don’t have a Flintlock yet… and Have plenty of Shotgun ammo I could disassemble for the 209s if I run out…..

Or I’ll get a new nine volt for my Electra,I guess.

Found few other items I needed

Figured I’d start stocking up

Attachments

Last edited:

jdw276

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hosted a match at the talking rock BPShooters complex. 16 folks. 8th match ever, started with 7 at our first match.

Davey Boy

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Finished hand planing hickory ramrod.

Set it up in the metal lathe and made it one size diameter the length of it.

Next take it to 0.39 to 0.38 so it can be sanded to final diameter of 0.375"

Latest posts