• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What model is this?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoodRabbitPilgrim

Do Not Live in America
Reaction score
Saw it online for $500 unfired. All it says is 45 cal CVA branded. Any notions of what model?

Screenshot_20210610-204721_Chrome.jpg

All I can do is echo the others. CVA Kentucky and at the very best worth half his asking price.

They were offered in both factory made and kits. I got many kits for $69 and assembled them for the local Amish boys in the seventies. They were a good shooting rifle even with the shallow rifling and a constriction part way down the barrel.(probably from clamping during the barrel manufacturing.) You had to be careful about getting cleaning patches stuck. Latter models had the Jugar barrels which were far better barrels.I used a Jugar barrel on my boy's rifle and it is a good shooting rifle..

This is a Jukar/Dikar/Ardesa and now the brand is Traditions, this Kentucky rifle was build in Spain by one of those brands and retailed by CVA like much of Italian and Spanish produces...
We had plenty of those rifles in Europa before that ARDESA becomes Traditions Firearms..

Many years ago I bought a that kit from a fellow(who won it in a raffle) for $25. Just for fun I assembled it and sold it for $50.

$200-250 would be max I would pay. I had one I inherited from my father in law a few years back. I sold for $200 and thought I'd done good. The stock was way too short for my 6'4 frame and long arms.

Back