• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What ML movie should be made now?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
"Across the Wide Missouri" with Clark Gable primed the pan. Then like just about everyone else my age "Jeremiah Johnson" and "A Man Called Horse" triggered the flint sparking. In those days it was difficult for a teenage kid to find a ML, much less one he could afford. My father got me a second hand HR in-line for Christmas and years later I was able to finally get a TC "Hawken." Decades later came "Last of the Mohicans" which, like everything Michael Mann directs, hit the target again.
What movie could be made now to again spark interest in ML? It's a shame that the growth in ML lately has been in very modern, in-line ML designed for hunting. Perhaps some of these avid hunters eventually get interested in the history and tradition of ML, but Fish & Game aren't doing much to encourage the original intent of ML hunting season by allowing modern scopes, bullets and ignition systems. This while companies like Lyman discontinue very important models like the Great Plains Rifle.
So what movie could be made now to renew interest in traditional ML? A biopic of Kit Carson would be good. A battle pic of Adobe Walls could rival "Zulu". If Hollywood insists on diversity, there are many Native heroes to choose from as well as Jim Beckworth, a freed slave who was a mountain man, scout and explorer.
What do you think?

A Kit Carson biopic staring Lizzo as the title character with an all female cast that focuses on Kit's struggles with body positivity in a world of bigoted white male oppressors of strong black lesbians, and Kit's fierce heartfelt defense of the earth friendly, gentle, kind hearted, peace loving plains Indians. "Based on a true story."
No thanks! If it comes out of Hollywood it is sure to be just more pure male bovine extrusion that has come to be the signature product of that woke, pseudo-artistic, steaming dung heap of runny excrement known as Hollywood.

Last edited:
A Kit Carson biopic staring Lizzo as the title character with an all female cast that focuses on Kits struggles for body positivity in a world of bigoted white male oppressors of strong black lesbians, and Kit's fierce heartfelt defense of the earth friendly, gentle, kind hearted, peace loving plains Indians.
Man, I hope no one in Hollywood is reading this, because they just might do it. LOL

I'm not interested in anything hollywierd makes anymore. I'll pass. I know what you mean.
I know what you mean. Turns out half the people in Victorian England weren't English and Seal Team Six is lead by a super model who can't run. Oh, and Cleopatra is a Nubian (not Greek, like the real Cleopatra). Hollywoke just plain sucks.

Hollywood has always been entertainment not history. Historical facts in a movie are more of an accident than intentional. It probably has been that way since ”The Great Train Robbery” and before. Not much different than Shakespeare or even Greek tragedies.

"Across the Wide Missouri" with Clark Gable primed the pan. Then like just about everyone else my age "Jeremiah Johnson" and "A Man Called Horse" triggered the flint sparking. In those days it was difficult for a teenage kid to find a ML, much less one he could afford. My father got me a second hand HR in-line for Christmas and years later I was able to finally get a TC "Hawken." Decades later came "Last of the Mohicans" which, like everything Michael Mann directs, hit the target again.
What movie could be made now to again spark interest in ML? It's a shame that the growth in ML lately has been in very modern, in-line ML designed for hunting. Perhaps some of these avid hunters eventually get interested in the history and tradition of ML, but Fish & Game aren't doing much to encourage the original intent of ML hunting season by allowing modern scopes, bullets and ignition systems. This while companies like Lyman discontinue very important models like the Great Plains Rifle.
So what movie could be made now to renew interest in traditional ML? A biopic of Kit Carson would be good. A battle pic of Adobe Walls could rival "Zulu". If Hollywood insists on diversity, there are many Native heroes to choose from as well as Jim Beckworth, a freed slave who was a mountain man, scout and explorer.
What do you think?
I could see denzel Washington as Jim beckworth! He was great in Glory!

What do you think?
The great plains rifle is still made by the folks that have always made it... Investarm .. it's called the Gemmer Hawken.

Lyman literally made no muzzleloader, just put their name on it. Same as cabelas used to do and many many others.

I think that they should do another movie about Robert Rogers; a truthful movie. Like Benedict Arnold, he had many talents. However, he lacked humility.

That eventually became his downfall. Nevertheless, the movie, "Northwest Passage" was one of those cinematic classics that taught me that history was not a dry and boring subject.

This gentlemen has a good critique of "Northwest Passage." Another movie that should be made is one on King Phillip's war 1675-1676. There are so many twists and turns in that war a good script writer could turn that into a classic.

The story of William Ellison’s grandson- a free black man who fought for the confederacy……. The Wayans brothers might pull it off…..

Latest posts

Back