• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What manner of Ctg's for SmoothBores

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK- Now I'[ve heard of coin rolls, presumeably paper - pennies are .750" ID aprox.
; Any others besides plastic 12bore or other guage wads?
: What I'm looking for is not only the 'ctg'with shot, but wad columns for the load, etc.
Daryl

Talked with a guy the other day about this. He said he used to have a .75 cal that he hunted with years ago.
Claims to have had some 3/4 ID plastic water pipe that he cut into (about) 3 1/2" lengths. One end was counterbored to slip over the muzzel for centering, The other end was corked. He'd build his complete load in this tube using Zig-Zag papers for powder catridges about 5/8" in dia. (cigarrett papers are suposedly nitrited(?)
Built them from shot to powder from the counterbored end then corked it too.
Loading;
"Pop the cork" on the bottom, place over muzzel (let charge drop), "Flick" off the top cork and shove it all in with a short starter, ram home with rod. When ramming the load "home" the powder charge will burst open to fill diameter and exposing powder to flash hole (Hmmm,?).
Speed loader for flint?
I think I've got this right. I wonder about the paper covering the torch hole but he said, "never had a problem with it". I'll probably give it a try ,,, later. I've too many other things to try WHEN I get mine.
Gary

Thanks for post - does sound logical and would work just fine. 3/4" ID pipe- woldn't of course be restricted to plastic, but that would be better for the muzzle.
Daryl

Back