• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What makes for a good flintlock cleaning tube clamp?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to also add that I RARELY if ever 'swoon' over a product. Some products work as described, most don't. However an extremely small minority of products are actually better than advertised. This is one of those products!

A good cleaning flush kit for a flintlock firearm will need a good seal and be easy to use. The flush kit by @davec2 from the Lucky Dog is a good one. I have had more problems maintaining a good seal with the clamp on version
The seal is good enough on my flush kit from @davec2 at Lucky Bag that when I pushed a little too forcefully on the cleaning rod, I launched the bucket end out of the container of water spraying sulphury water all over, lol.

I've since threaded on a fitting with a ball valve to his brass end that goes in the bucket to better facilitate a soak period but haven't tried it yet.

Back