• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What kind of rifle is this??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldeaglescout65

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I have a long rifle that has a green and gold emblem painted on the right side of the staock and a gold maltese cross on the top. It's 59 inches long. No markings other than the emblems. I have pictures but can't seem to find a way on here to post them!

Alright guys, I think I got the pics! Hope they help.
url]

I'm not sure of the style but the overall lines point toward some southern rifles I've seen. The Roman nose buttstock is common on Berks and Dauphin Co. PA rifles though. That's not the original lock. I'd say it was originally a flintlock but altered a long time ago to percussion. The original lock was somewhat longer than this one as the mortise is easily seen.

Back