• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

what kind of pistol is this?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the replies, well I actually just sold that pistol to my dad believe it or not. I liked it but I'm getting into Revolutionary War reenacting so I used some of the money I got from selling it to buy a Brown Bess 2nd model. I can't wait to shoot it, should be coming in next week, and I'll be sure to remember all the tips you guys told me.

Well I'll be darned! Congratulations, and you're in the right place either way here and in PA.

Let us see some pics when it arrives or it didn't happen...

The 2nd Model Brown Bess is a very nice musket. I know,I carried one when I was In the Army.

Been there and done that. It was a lot of fun but I was killed at the Battle of Ramsour's Mill in 2005 and that ended my reenacting career. My business career was too demanding any way and when I ditched that I was too old to do all that other stuff. Still have my gear and who knows - one day we may get a message that the redcoats are on the march and I will have to turn out again.

I was in The 1st Battalion 3rd Infantry Regiment, "The Old Guard" at Fort McNair,Washington,1974-1975. Part of our job was "The Commander in Chiefs Guard".We wore Revolutionary War uniforms,and marched in parades and official ceremonies. I was at the 200th anniversary of the battle of Lexington,and Concord. And a few times at the White House

SerTimtheJailer said:
Thanks for all the replies, well I actually just sold that pistol to my dad believe it or not. I liked it but I'm getting into Revolutionary War reenacting so I used some of the money I got from selling it to buy a Brown Bess 2nd model. I can't wait to shoot it, should be coming in next week, and I'll be sure to remember all the tips you guys told me.

:doh: ............... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Tinker2 said:
Zonie said:
It will take a while but you might get use to him.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Maybe not :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I've been on here for years and I still haven't gotten used to him....:yakyak: :dead:

BTW, Zonie's advice is/was spot-on as usual! Enjoy that Brown Bess, they are great guns... :hatsoff:

Back