• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What kind of nipples do you prefer?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have those nipples that have a hole in them - sose you can put in a nipple ring -

Ifd it be Italian, get together with Northern Rifleman or a Pedersoli dealer and you can get Italian nipples. There aint no hole but they work well on my Tryon and shotgun.

Crow - this is really going to sound dumb, but if you just want a replacement and a couple more spares - call Lyman I get parts from them all the time - prices are really competitive.

Say where abouts in Idaho - I'm in northern Idaho - next to the university - It is a beautiful day here today and I am out the door to go do some shooting and 4-wheel up to check on my favorite group of turkeys - getting ready for turkey season

Crow - this is really going to sound dumb, but if you just want a replacement and a couple more spares - call Lyman I get parts from them all the time - prices are really competitive.

You can get them through the LINKS section of this forum...
Look for Lyman Products under molds...

Spot,.... I meant "Uncle Mike's",.... but I think someone else is make'n'em now!! (I need to git a "new" TOTW catalog!!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif :D

The main problem with the Lyman"s factory nipples is that the #11 caps have a tendency to fall off. My son had this problem with his Deer Stalker during youth season. The Knight nipple is too tall, but it has never failed, yet. It's a red stainless steel.

I'd rather have a nipple thet was a "liddle small" for my caps,... rather than, the other-way 'round!
A fella can always "pinch" the cap a liddle 'fore put'n it on the nipple, and they don't fall off thet way!!

If the nipple is too "big" for the cap,... the cap doesn't git "seated" all the way down on the nipple, and "ignition" can be less than 100% with the first strike of the hammer!!

Or,...."over-sized" nipples CAN be "worked-down" in dia., so thet yore caps fit proper,... by use'n an electric-drill, and file!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I always used to buy the Uncle Mike's Hot Shot nipple and had great luck with them. Then this year when Wal Mart was dumping all their black powder gear at the end of the hunting season, they had three T/C stainless steel hot shot nipple for $2.00 each. So I bought them all. I changed the one in the Renegade and it seems to work real good...

Latest posts

Back