• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What is your hunting rifle?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My hunting rifle is a .54 Southern Mt Rifle 38” bbl by John Bergmann.
E4EF4CD5-0EF5-472D-BC0F-BC4472DC1E64.jpeg
48AACB27-3B8C-4067-ADC0-EBBC197FA3D7.jpeg

And i will also be using my TVM .62 Fowler.
E6F2B57D-001D-4A3E-9A67-2FAD90439F8D.jpeg
B1C917A8-E699-48E6-8E08-3FD6077C99C1.jpeg

My hunting rifle is a .54 Southern Mt Rifle 38” bbl by John Bergmann.

John does very nice work. While I ended up building myself instead of ordering from John, we spent over an hour talking on the phone about a potential Hawken build and he was an exceptionally nice guy to talk to. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of his builds or recommend him as a builder. :thumb:

Spikebuck, i found this gun for sale at Dixons Muzzleloader shop in Pa. a few years back...right place at the right time! I’ve heard from many he was a great guy and a great builder hence why i bought it!

My deer have all been killed with my .45 T/C Hawken. I have taken other guns hunting- been out with my Bess all season- but to no avail. I have 5 days left that I can hunt this season, so maybe that’ll change...
Jay

Deer.jpg2.jpg

54 Hawken, L&R lock, not sure of the barrel maker. 85 gr Goex, PRB. Name under barrel is George Forman-probably not the boxer...
Bought used it fits me very well, sights are aligned when I shoulder it.
I live near Friendship so I suspect he was someone local, haven't been able to find any info. All I know is it works.

Don

Appropriate to this site, my .50 percussion TC Hawken, with factory laminated stock and TC aperture sight.
Second is my .50 custom flintlock " Schimmel"

Attachments

• 20200814_150035.jpg
    20200814_150035.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 20200718_105637.jpg
    20200718_105637.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 105
Traditions fox river fifty which is unfortunately the only "traditional" muzzleloader I own..... Trying to rectify that but my wallet disagrees..... 100grs pyrodex (ew..... All I can get cause my wallet disagrees with online prices) and a lee 360 minnie and it'll punch one big hole at 50 yards for as many consecutive rounds as I have yet put through it
IMG_20190106_081302.jpg

Due to some rheumatic problems , built myself an early Lancaster Valentine Fondersmith flint rifle out of the lightest piece of soft white maple I had on hand , w/38" x 7/8 straight oct. Colerain .50 cal.. Put tang mounted home brewed peep sight on it w/ leather strap. Weighs in little less than 7 lb.. Shoots good as I can hold . Always try to find a rest to shoot at deer anyway. Had to downsize weight wise from a favorite .62 longrifle . Had a 38 in. x 1" Colerain on it and was a deer stopper . Medical condition prohibited carrying the 8 lb.rifle back to where the herds were. ....................oldwood in Central Pa.

Pretty little Doe Cap. Where'd you hit her?

Offside right against the shoulder angling back.... Hit both lungs minie was under skin on side toward the camera expanded to about the size of a quarter which is probably why it didn't exit..... Thought she was closer was about 140 yards when I ranged it afterwards. Shoot another little doe this year during gun at about 100-110 and the ball exited that time..... First for I killed with it was 30 yards and the minnie didn't exit then either

Just found this thread. Spent several hours reading and absorbing the info. Have very much enjoyed it.

Chuck40219

Back