• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What is up with Track of the Wolf ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apachesx2

32 Cal.
Reaction score
What is up with Track of the Wolf website this weekend needed look at some carving tools and I get "403 - Forbidden: Access is denied." ?

It's kinda weird I was about to buy a rifle from Cabela's and their checkout function is down. Then I go to Track's to look for a proper length Creedmoor rod and balls for the new rifle and their entire site is down. Must be a sign not to buy that new rifle.....

I would hope that if a company is planning maintenance on their website, that they'd at least broadcast such and let customers know in advance. IMO, not good business sense for an outfit to simply shut their site down with no warning. Unless of course that same outfit is so smug in their decision to do so that they think people are simply going to wait for their site to come back online. Me, I'd be looking for another place to spend my money.

I like TOTW, but I'm not loyal to any company. I can easily shop elsewhere.

Last edited:
Does anyone not remember a couple months back when this very site went down unexpectedly? The use of third party servers, and the maintenance or issues thereof, is out of the control of the site. Sometimes things happen people. I would expect that the average age of those visiting here to be well north of 40, and as such should have enough life under the belt to realize that sometimes things happen. Anyone younger would be well aware as they were basically born into a life with computer technology and its glitches, never known otherwise.
Fret not people, it will be back!
Walk

I would hope that if a company is planning maintenance on their website, that they'd at least broadcast such and let customers know in advance. IMO, not good business sense for an outfit to simply shut their site down with no warning. Unless of course that same outfit is so smug in their decision to do so that they think people are simply going to wait for their site to come back online. Me, I'd be looking for another place to spend my money.

I like TOTW, but I'm not loyal to any company. I can easily shop elsewhere.
How exactly do you propose they do this?

How exactly do you propose they do this?

Easy. Post a message on your site that on such and such date the site will go down for maintenance. I understand outside forces could render the site inoperable. I'm speaking of a planned site closure.

Last edited:
IMO, not good business sense for an outfit to simply shut their site down with no warning. Unless of course that same outfit is so smug in their decision to do so that they think people are simply going to wait for their site to come back online. Me, I'd be looking for another place to spend my money.

Don't be so hard on them, many/most companies don't have their own servers. The outage or down server could have also been due to something like a backhoe digging though a fiber optic cable. Either way, they probably had little control over it. I'm sure Track is just as concerned about downtime as you are. For you it's an inconvenience, for them it's lost revenue.

FYI, Track also has a good old fashioned mail order catalog, one of the best for just reading through when you have time to kill. Dixie Gun works catalog also makes for fine reading.

Back