• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What is the best percussion lock .

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was always under the impression that one caplock was pretty much the same as all the others. I realize lock speeds can differ, but other than that I've never noticed the variation one sometimes sees with a flint lock.
My experience has been that there is a significant difference in percussion locks. At least in the factory ones and how they react ergonomically if that's the correct term. I've been shooting several different locks lately and as far as factory locks go, the trigger feel and let-off is best on my T/C Hawken. The Pedorsoli Kentucky pistol has a more robust spring, maybe because it's newer, but the factory trigger pull was abysmal, now down to a more reasonable 6-7 lb. The lock time is incredibly quick. The locks on the Deerstalker and GPH are about the same in lock time but have a totaly different feel as one is single and other is dbl. Possibly a consideration in choosing a lock. My guestimation is that the Lyman's are a bit slower than the others but are certainly adequate for my modest uses.

I bought a buck ridge flintlocks . Percussion lock today at friendship . The two gentlemen was helpful and I thought I try one of there’s . This was the first time hearing about this company.

thanks for all the comments and help . I greatly appreciate it.

thanks again
kybp

Back