What is enable to push notifications

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

FishDFly

69 Cal.
Reaction score
At the bottom of my screen is?, The Muzzleloading Forum would like your permission to enable push notifications.

What is it and why and is that something that would help whatever?

kje54

58 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
At the bottom of my screen is?, The Muzzleloading Forum would like your permission to enable push notifications.

What is it and why and is that something that would help whatever?
I know they're used primarily on smartphones, when you wake up your phone the push notification windows show up before you even have to "go into" your phone. They can also pop up when you're in the middle of something on your phone like a phone call, etc. They give brief information tidbits like "soandso responded to your post" or "we've found that thigamajig you were searching for online" or "this is Billy Bob's Bakery, we haven't seen you in a while", etc. They're like texts but with a difference, you don't have to open your texts app for them to show up.
Many find them helpful, some hate em and some only allow those that are most important to us. My Ring doorbell sends me a push notification when someone approaches my door and/or rings the doorbell. For the most part they're a "keep in touch, see what's new, we have a product or service we think you'll like" marketing tool.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I have them turned on, so the forum will send a quick notification to my laptop and let me know I have a Private Conversation/Message. I can click on it and go directly to that thread, or message. The notification comes from the lower right on my laptop in a little box. I'd say give it a try and you can turn it off later by going to the preferences page.

Latest posts