• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

what is a good all-around nipple wrench

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssmandavid

.58 caliber, Go Big or Go Home
Reaction score
OK, who makes / sells a good all-around nipple wrench for Rifles?
as in, one that could / should work on all from a CVA to a TC.
thanks, Dave

thanks, Dave
There is no such thing as an "all-around" nipple wrench. I've never had a nipple wrench that would work on "all" my rifles. Small differences in nipples, bolsters, drums, hammers, etc will dictate what wrench is used.

As old hawkeye stated there are many slight differences which makes one all round nipple wrench hard to find. I make my own so I have no problem. The one I like best for most of the rifles is too large for the cherokee or patroit pistol.Also the heavy duty wrench I made for "stuck" nipples is too large for many, while the thin walled ones for revolvers is too weak for heavy duty.

thanks, Dave
TOTW has what I believe is one of the better. NW-120, smaller diameter shaft let’s you get by the hammer to remove and restart nipple after cleaning. And it’s well made.

YES there are different sizes the Cash and the TC wrenches are very good . But yet there are square wrenches needed for such as the early Barretta shotguns. Nothing seems to be standard.
Doc,

TC#7482

Get a few 1/4 drive sockets from pawn shop to make some

Attachments

• IMG_20210410_205941308_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210410_205941308_HDR.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 0
I got a ratcheting wrench with three nibs from an outfit called Nantahala Trading. The nib that fits my Pedersoli works great (better than other nipple wrenches I bought). I got the other sizes thinking I would likely get a pistol and a rifle in the future, but haven’t yet, so I can’t say how those nibs would function.

Back