• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What I do during "Lockdown".

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have GRASS?😰
Yes, in Maryland, we have grass, we have trees to! Big ones!
KIMG0621.JPG

My Pedersoli .32 is an amazingly accurate rifle. I love everything about it.

Knife and leather work done by me. Hawk was made by a friend. Top rifle is the Pedersoli .32 kit from DGW. Bottom rifle is the one givin to me by a friend to restore to shooting condition.

Make me stay home and I willl build weapons. Lol.

So yesterday my wife decided to disassemble, clean, and paint our dining room. Since I hate anything to do with painting I planted myself at my gun bench and preceded to clean all of my black powder firearms. Took the better part of the day but I serviced 7 long guns (3 flints and 4 cap and ball) and 3 hand guns ( 1 flint and 2 revolvers). Now all I have to do is take them out and get them dirty again. Today I will take the Pedersoli Pennsylvania .32 out and Fire it for the first time since completing it.

Hi, I’m new here. Been lurking a while. I’m building a Kibler SMR kit I bought 6 or so months ago. Still working remotely thankfully, IT Ops Manager and my company is all remote. Plus 2 young kids virtual learning keeps us busy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 94
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 101
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 93
Man, nothing like jumping into a new hobby with both feet! Good luck, we love reading build threads.
Neil
I figure that is the best way to learn. Starting out the less expensive route with mostly CVA parts and cheap stocks. Hope to come out of this with a couple of nice shooting 54 cal Hawkens. Only 300.00 Invested in parts with just a few more to get. Which thread should I use if I post the journey? Builders or percussion?

I figure that is the best way to learn. Starting out the less expensive route with mostly CVA parts and cheap stocks. Hope to come out of this with a couple of nice shooting 54 cal Hawkens. Only 300.00 Invested in parts with just a few more to get. Which thread should I use if I post the journey? Builders or percussion?
If you're actively building is say the builders thread. I'd go there anyway just to soak up some experience and advice. There's guys building guns who have done it all. And they're great about sharing what they know. I did a restoration on an 1861 Bridesberg that's on The builders threads.
Neil

Back