• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What I do during "Lockdown".

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Home Depot here sells a bidet “wand” to retrofit to your toilet...............

I've not made a gun in about 3 years so since I've plenty of time on my hands, I decided to make one more.
.54 cal. x 47-1/2" octagon/round barrel, maple stock, large Siler flint lock, single trigger, brass guard & thimbles, no butt, side plate or entry pipe.
View attachment 26970
I finished it today.

gun-02.jpg

gun-03.jpg

I would like to build a kit or from scratch, but; I cannot decide what I want from what is available or practical at my skill level. If I build, I like it to be something that is not readily available off the shelf. Or what I can afford at the moment vs how happy I will be with the end result. The research and planning for a build is keeping me busy as a project in itself.

Finishing up a percussion pistol with Ozark walnut stock, Green Mountain .50 cal. 5"barrel, unknown lock and handmade trigger and salvaged iron triggerguard. Need to make a snap sack or large canvas possibles bag. Just made 5 NA medicine neck bags out of suede scraps and bead closures w/hemp cord that I will give away to cheer people up. I also make necklaces out of glass beads and hairpipe for the same purpose. I also need to cut a walnut stock blank for my upcoming trade gun with the .60 cal. repurposed repro Springfield 1863 barrel I just got back from Mr. Hoyt. Have to take care of my wife Janet she is in chronic condition with sugar diabetes and kidney failure. Enjoying the stay home situation, as long as I can get out to get stuff. Being a member here really helps! Thanks everybody.

Sittin' rollin' cigarette papers black powder, 454, 457Balls and on and on and on . Maybe Hornady may be interested. Yes our range is shut damn I thought it was essential.

Attachments

• DSCN9999.JPG
    DSCN9999.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCN0001.JPG
    DSCN0001.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 87
I'm working on a couple of Spanish guns I bought for $125. A CVA Kentucky pistol kit gun that wasn't too badly finished but had a really, really heavy trigger pull. I narrowed the mainspring to lower the very heavy hammer and redid the trigger. It's not bad now. The other one is a poorly finished Jukar Kentucky rifle kit. Some of the brass was so far out of alignment that I drilled out and plugged the screw holes. The glue is drying now and then I'll redrill, hopefully in a better place. I fired them both before starting any work and they both seem to group ok, just way low. I filed on the front sights but I haven't been able to shoot them again.

I guess I’m the simple one, on my free time, still working essential pt job after getting laid off from day job, , I’m making a few ram rods for my new Pedersoli Kentucky. I hear sometimes the one that comes with the Pedersoli,s break. Like to be prepared. If I could afford it now, wife laid off also, I would build a kibler colonial. Once things return to normal, soon please, I am going to order one...

ps. Beautiful builds pictured, someday.

Back