• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What I do during "Lockdown".

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Knife and leather work done by me. Hawk was made by a friend. Top rifle is the Pedersoli .32 kit from DGW. Bottom rifle is the one givin to me by a friend to restore to shooting condition.

Make me stay home and I willl build weapons. Lol.

Attachments

• IMG_5783.JPG
    IMG_5783.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_5784.JPG
    IMG_5784.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_5788.JPG
    IMG_5788.JPG
    181.8 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_5790.JPG
    IMG_5790.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 177
Nice work.

I am casting round balls every day; with my two shooting groups on stand-down for the duration, I am using the time to "stock up" on balls, cutting patches, and organizing my shooting boxes. With a .32, .36, .40, .45, three .50's, two .54's, a .58 and three .62's, I can cast all I want! Just getting a little rammy not being able to burn powder at the range.

Stay home, stop the spread, save lives!

ADK Bigfoot

I was watching Stillwater wood crafts and noted he had a good set up for trekking using a double strap snap sack and blanket roll carried above it. Looks comfortable. Thinking I’ll give it a try. I got some canvas laying around unused.

Amazing what a guy will do when he stays around the house. I guess I could pour some lead. Got molds for everything I shoot except the .32. Still looking for a Lyman .310 round ball mold. Need to stay looking busy or the wife will find something for me to do.

Ive been working on my. 32 cal squirrel rifle alot during this. I've gotten the sideplate, the hunter's star, and the toe plate is just about inlet. And that was just in the past few days. Heading back into the work room shortly to work on it some more. This keeps up and I'll have plenty of time to finish this rifle up before next squirrel season.

I have a sewing project that I've never quite finished. It's an early 18th century sleeveless waistcoat. A couple of seams need to be sewn shut, the button holes need to be cut and sewn, and the buttons attached.

I've not made a gun in about 3 years so since I've plenty of time on my hands, I decided to make one more.
.54 cal. x 47-1/2" octagon/round barrel, maple stock, large Siler flint lock, single trigger, brass guard & thimbles, no butt, side plate or entry pipe.
smoove03.jpg

I’ve painted the kitchen, 1/2 bath and dining room. After that I’m painting the living room and replacing the carpet with hardwood. When that’s done I’ll get to doing some fun stuff, I think it will be at least June before I get to reopen my business so I’m not really in any rush.

I'm making shooting bags, doing gun mods and repairs and building bows for my granddaughters. Really just the same ol same ol since I'm retired. My wife's health is poor so we are not having anybody in the house. The daughter and some of the grandkids came over yesterday and we sat at distance in the yard and had a nice visit.

My 13 year old granddaughter has a friend whose father died from the virus during the night.

Built an unusual pistol tool last week; definitely a one-time-only project.

I just got a new .36CAL Pedersoli Cook Underhammer pistol. I found it impossible to remove the factory-installed tapered barrel pin for barrel dis-assembly from the frame; seemed practically soldered to the barrel. Instruction manual recommended removal by laying pistol on its side and pounding the barrel pin out. However, there are different widths to the octagonal barrel and wood grip/frame components. So built a "barrel pin" tool (out of scrap wood, a dowel rod, and used plastic construction shims.); designed with exactly-measure surface levels to hold the pistol without any pistol wood touching the platform. The off-center hole drilled into the dowel rod is the guide for the pistol to be placed on the surface. The hole also "catches" the barrel pin when it is pounded out or re-inserted. I can use this "tool" from now on to dis-assemble/re-assemble the pistol for cleaning.

Here are unimpressive pictures of the barrel pin and wood tool; although the tool functions impressively. ~wiksmo

UH TX IMG_3776.jpg

barrel pin removal tool_3601.JPG

barrel pin removal tool_3600.JPG

Back