• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What gun do you save?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably my Beretta tricentenial (by ASM) over-under 12 bore and one of the underhammer target rifles. I might even stay inside for a couple of seconds, pitching more of the collection out through the windows. A cord of long guns, and a peck of scopes. Kind'a high on the list might be that 50lb box of FFG for reasons unknown. A few benchrest guns ... Whatever's on top of the pile would likely go out the window with me to follow. The cat hates me, so he's on his own unless he asks very nicely. The Wife's Pomeranian gets the boot and toss for sure. And of course, the Wife. I couldn't make it beyond a few weeks without her, seriously.

Isn’t this the reason we all bought fire safes? To protect from fire and thieve?
If they are out probably Kibler colonial or smr
Unfortunately fire resistant safes are pretty much a joke especially depending on where you live. Really only help in a very small fire that is quickly put out by yourself or a paid fire company that covers your house. Read the labels, good for 30 minutes etc. Around here too many people are covered by under staffed volunteer departments that struggle to get enough people to the scene to fight the fire. They have to call for mutual aide from other departments that take way too much time to get there to save much. Search You Tube and you will see many examples of safes that went through a fire, most of what is inside is toast. Wood is burned up and steel no longer safe to use as a firearm. I have seen several remnants of guns that went through a fire being sold on GB. Just my view

I would save the only Flintlock rifle that I ever built for myself. I made that one in '89 when my daughter was born.
I had made a few for others by then, and at that point I asked myself "What would I pay a guy to build for me?"
South Carolina architecture, iron fitted, 40", 40 cal.
Everything else could be replaced, but leaving the original 1851 Colt behind would feel like sacrilege.

Sorry, but it would have to be my unmentionable.
A VERY close 2nd would be my factory laminate stocked T/C Hawken.
When my powder goes up, hopefully I could catch one of my Renegades or Pennsylvania Hunters on reentry...

The target rifle I built with a stock blank. I purchased a 45-70 GM Barrel and breeched it for a muzzleloader, carved the stock and engraved the metal parts. It has a1 in 18 twist, and a Shaver Peep Sight. It is a tack driver. I gave all of my un-mentionables to the kids. The only guns left are my custom made muzzleloaders, #11 caps, and some Swiss Powder. My Browning's are gone. I wouldn't think of shooting a deer or elk without it belching smoke. :)

NONE, As a retired ff/inv Get out of the house. Real life is more important than fantasy.

Do not encourage stupid things as encouraging someone to risk their life on an object.
Real life is way more important than fantasy life learn it please.

The worst job I ever had in the fire dept was shoveling a bunt body into a bag. Sounds blunt but it should be felt that way so no one else has to have it done to THEM.

Please grow up.

The biggest share of the subjects on these forums are nonsensical and some are just silly. This subject is just that and I don't think anyone on this forum would put life over matter, I sure wouldn't, but once in a while I enjoy some silliness.

Latest posts

Back