• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What "fun" targets are your fav's

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New game for Scout camp this summer. 5 shots offhand at 30yd. 5pts per hit on squeeky toy. 0 for a miss. -8 if you so much as nick the seat and the lid slams shut and yer done!

IMG_8744.JPG

IMG_8743.JPG

I've had the 12" AR500 target for a few years. It's been silver, white, red and will be just about be any color that I have left over in paint.

Recently got the buffalo and IDPA target as seconds from the same fellow I got the 12" target. The IDPA target was especially cheap since it had a little rust on it. Might have to give it an appropriate paint job for the 4th of July. 😁

20220403_095321.jpg

20230108_194608.jpg

20230108_194707.jpg

Last edited:
When I was in my 20’s several of my friends worked in auto body shops. There was a string of shops and at the end of the road was a dump. People threw all kinds of things in the dump and we shot every Friday.

The two things that I shot that impressed me the most were:
1 - A gallon jar of some kind of pickled vegetables. It was unopened and when I shot it basically exploded and you could smell it from a good distance away.

2 - This one is a little weird…I assume that the possessions of a dear departed one were unceremoniously thrown away in the dump. I found one half of a full set of dentures (don’t remember if they were uppers or lowers). One shot and they basically disintegrated…no tooth to be found!

I always like steel, eggs also make a fun target but they are getting expensive these days just like the generic canned sodas I used to shoot all the time. Round lollipops are an easy one to set up, just mount a horizontal board or branch of some sort, drill a bunch of holes and put the sticks in the holes.

I had a Krylon sales rep give me around 300 cans of defective spray paint to destroy. Fun to watch it go up, around and about everywhere. Really fun targets.
And they give a perfect paint job to anything near enough to it. I haven’t had the pleasure of shooting 300 of them but the few I have shot were enjoyable.

The shooting clubs in Europe and back East would use artistic illustrations on a plank or circular board, that were targets, that could be mounted on a wall after.. These ranged from military enemies (King George lll as an example) or wild beasts

Pp0

Attachments

• 20170730_143219.jpg
    20170730_143219.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20170730_143231.jpg
    20170730_143231.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20170730_143211.jpg
    20170730_143211.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Empty plastic gallon jugs filled with water and capped. Add a few drops of food coloring if you wish. They explode so nicely... and they approximate the size of a whitetail deer's kill zone, OK, maybe a bit smaller, but if you can hit a gallon jug, you can kill a deer.

Half-gallon milk cartons work well too, but they don't stay in once piece if you fill them with water, so you have more of a mess with them.

The price of these targets is great: FREE!

Empty plastic jugs (gal milk, 1/2 gal, qt, pint) tied to a couple feet of heavy cord and then to a plastic tent stake into the berm. They jump when hit. I spray paint them in florescent green or orange for better visibility. Pretty darn cheap reactive targets.

Back