• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What "fun" targets are your fav's

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cannonman1

40 Cal
Reaction score
Now is your chance to post some pics/ ideas for some creative targets that you have used, currently use or want to use down the line.. Interested to see what you guys and gals come up with.

the range I shoot at is paper targets only. but I have gotten approved to shoot tin cans because there is no chance of a ricochet or fragments coming back to the shooter. I built a wooden tree that I suspend the cans from.

The shooting clubs in Europe and back East would use artistic illustrations on a plank or circular board, that were targets, that could be mounted on a wall after.. These ranged from military enemies (King George lll as an example) or wild beasts like Bear or Cougar.. Your imagination can go wild on the possibilities there..

I have several steel targets. This one is my favorite because of the different tone of the ring. I have a very thick one that more or less clunks. A sliver of a pipe that rings but doesn't have the elongated ring on the disc.

Attachments

• 20211029_114658.jpg
    20211029_114658.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20211029_120905.jpg
    20211029_120905.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Now is your chance to post some pics/ ideas for some creative targets that you have used, currently use or want to use down the line.. Interested to see what you guys and gals come up with.
Two of my favorites: Shooting at a double bladed axe head with a blue rock mounted on both sides of the blade. Hit the blade edge and break two blue rocks. (or not 😂) Second is shooting at playing cards on edge. One shot each to cut a card. You miss and you are out. All hitters keep shooting to find the top shooter of the group. The following is not my favorite cuz I only had a chance to do it once. In a safe area with a slight left to right ground slope, a tire was rolled accross the firing line. The tire had a cardbord center with a target on it.
Larry

One of the more evil targets I have shot was a modified axe shoot. The axe and two clay birds were set up on a metal stand so that part was pretty standard. There was a vertical post that came up behind the axe with a forward pointing bolt/swivel attached to a hanging bird holder. It required a separate pully off to the side. The range officer would pull the swinging bird located in front of the axe blade out to the side and let it go so the bird would swing back and forth in front of the axe blade. You had to time your shot to take out the swinging bird as it passed the axe blade and still hit the blade behind it to bread the birds on either side of the axe blade. Each shooter got three shots. The best result for that match was 8 out of nine birds, This was one of the events in the mountain man aggregate at Friendship several years ago.

Latest posts

Back