• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

what do you use when swabbing between shots?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It could.

Per the pissing match brewing above. We all shoot differently. I can say I can shoot all day and not swab and keep accuracy pretty dang good. Good enough for me that day. No? Hoppes black powder solvent and patch lubrcant used just shy of dripping will clean the crud and put it on your load all day. You can get better accuracy using less, or a different lube but with this method (in my arid dry enviroment) I can and have and shall do it. Why? How about a new barrel and you need to blow $40.00 of lead out the barel to break it in? Dont matter the lube or swab or not, just gotta shoot a few hundred rounds THEN DIAL IN A LOAD and file away on yer site.

No need to stand on a line and measure drops boys, we all do things differently (be boring if it twrernt that way huh?).

I use next size patch so the fouling get pushed on top of load.

Never tried windshield wiper fluid but seems a lot of folks do. I’ll have to give it a try one day.
Next, we'll see guys siphoning wiper fluid instead of gas tanks! :) Anybody recall the 1970's gas shortage, when the market for lockable gas caps went thru the roof? Alternate- day gas purchases? etc.

Water and Bali stool 1 part balistol to 10 parts distilled water, otherwise known as “moose milk”

Back