• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave a friend a bow to shoot in the upcoming IBO world championship, It had a patch on one limb that turned loose. I decided to make him another bow, I started it yesterday.

nolans IBO bow.JPG

Woke up to cooler weather and slight overcast, 5MPH wind. Decided to see how many un-swabbed shots I could get out of my recently acquired W. Bratten, Lancaster Rifle. Target shots shown are from the bench. Used .490LRB, .015” patch with TOTW Mink Oil, 70gr GOEX 3F. Target shows shot #1(lowest) from clean bore. The remaining 4 shots, are every 5th shot for a total of 21 shots when I called it quits for the session. To avoid boredom, the shots between the target shots were taken off hand at 50 yard steel targets.The 9 o’clock, 5 mph wind was pushing shots right. Loading for the last couple of shots began to show slight resistance but the last shot was still maintaining accuracy under two inches. Overall, I was quite pleased with the results. Love this rifle!
E52F541F-BBFC-4234-A295-DF8078C6C213.jpegC0022318-454B-4838-8552-2B54485471F6.jpeg

Woke up to cooler weather and slight overcast, 5MPH wind. Decided to see how many un-swabbed shots I could get out of my recently acquired W. Bratten, Lancaster Rifle. Target shots shown are from the bench. Used .490LRB, .015” patch with TOTW Mink Oil, 70gr GOEX 3F. Target shows shot #1(lowest) from clean bore. The remaining 4 shots, are every 5th shot for a total of 21 shots when I called it quits for the session. To avoid boredom, the shots between the target shots were taken off hand at 50 yard steel targets.The 9 o’clock, 5 mph wind was pushing shots right. Loading for the last couple of shots began to show slight resistance but the last shot was still maintaining accuracy under two inches. Overall, I was quite pleased with the results. Love this rifle!
View attachment 81478View attachment 81479
Beautiful gun and she shoots good too!

Is the Mink Oil that you use on your patches the same stuff you can treat boot leather with?

Is the Mink Oil that you use on your patches the same stuff you can treat boot leather with?

No. Buy pure Mink oil from trackofthewolf.com. Boot Mink oil is a mixture of chemicals called ‘Mink oil’ and may not even have any Mink oil in it.

On a similar note, I was at the store yesterday looking for some pure Cranberry Juice. 99% of the so called Cranberry juice was little more than cool-aid. The Cranberry Juice that seemed to be the most popular had ‘apple juice’ listed as the first ingredient. I kid you not. It’s a strange world…..

Absolutely not.
The boot and shoe stuff is loaded with silicones and other junk.
Track of the Wolf carries tins of Mink Tallow that are ready to use and make great lube for patches that can be used winter or summer.
I also use it to edge lube my 75 caliber cards for the big bores.
It also makes a good lube for revolver shafts.

Spent the best part of the day in the hospital with wife, she had too have a new port put in for her daily antibiotic treatments, but she does seem too be on the mend only five more weeks till range time.

20210616_171516.jpg
20210616_171528.jpg
20210616_172730.jpg

Started about noonish.
4 quarts of bean and pork killer chili.
Beans, appropriate spices, ground pork sausage (my country boy blend), 4 links of my kielbasa split and cross sliced.
Added 2 tablespoons of red chili flakes and 2 fresh habaneros to give it some soul.
Should be ready in another hour or so.
Crackers on the side and Blue Bell homemade vanilla ice cream for a finisher.

I'll post in advance...

headed for an MRI/CT scan tomorrow for something my urologist found at my last follow up.

I'm not excited.

I feel you brother. That exactly happened to me five months ago. I’m sitting in the shop whittling on a gun, Prostate and cancer free, as of the 1st of June. Here’s praying your CT comes back clear.

I do like the 360 degree access the 90 degree bench extension gives you. Nice setup.

Thanks Griz, I like a peninsula bench like this because it’s just c-clamped onto my main bench and can be removed or moved around as I need. Super handy. And yes I’m all around it when Im inletting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back