• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chloe is our fourth Lab and she is 12 years old. That's nigh on 50 years of Lab love and devotion. Thinking of any of them can make me tear up. It will be bitter when she goes. Bitter.
My impulse is to get another when she goes. But I am 74 and wife is 76. A pup can live 12 or 14 years. Is that fair to the dog? I can not predict the future and so...do not know.
Maybe a rescue dog........
Lost my Sheltie of 13 years last fall. His name was Chopper. I miss him. Was thinking about getting another dog but I'm 69 and worried that I may not be around for him. I don't know . . .

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1595696403956.jpg
    FB_IMG_1595696403956.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 70
Lost my Sheltie of 13 years last fall. His name was Chopper. I miss him. Was thinking about getting another dog but I'm 69 and worried that I may not be around for him. I don't know . . .
It is a heart breaking thing.
And I love my son and grandkids. But .....dont think theyd be right for a dog we had and loved.
Why I am thinking maybe an older rescue Lab.

I’m taking care of my beagle Little Buddy. He has IVDD (invertabreal disc disease) the jelly in his spine is turning to calcium and I cannot bear the thought of letting him go. He gets hyperbaric oxygen treatments for the swelling and he’s having a hopefully mild flare up right now. He was an angel dog for my grandmother with Alzheimer’s, and both my father and grandfather on hospice with cancer. 8 years old and had him since six weeks. At thanksgiving this past year he was actually paralyzed in his hind legs I figured his good deed makes him worth the money and time he truly is a good dog . They’re always worth it he is walking again too

Attachments

• 03EC8CB7-E03F-4769-A27A-1F20242006B8.jpeg
    03EC8CB7-E03F-4769-A27A-1F20242006B8.jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 78
Got lost for a few minutes heading from Jackalope (where I picked up a cool coffee mug and some habanero seasoning) to Lowes. Was on the wrong main street and didn't realize it until I passed my own street without seeing the Lowes........ Said the heck with it and went to my local mini Wally World.
Ya think after all these years I'd know which street I was on. 🤣

Well, can relate to Eric and his house full of stuff he doesn’t need, sold off a coal forge, charcoal to go with it, two huge tool bins that used to ride in the back of a deuce and a half, spare fridge, Christmas decorations, and sooooo much other accumulated stuff it`s crazy. I have a tendency to attach sentimental value to certain things, only reason i`m not a hoarder is my wife and son are far less sentimental about things and keep me in check…..HaHa. Have a cross country move coming at the beginning of July, and the army will only move 20,000 #. I had an estimated 25,000#. Wrought iron, scrap steel, excess blacksmith tools,- all sold to a young, hopefully up and coming artist/blacksmith.
probably 1000# loaded into his Toyota Yaris…. He`s coming back for more.
my wife wanted my lead hoard to be sold off- I acquiesced but only sold the harder alloy lead from wheel weights and various other sources. Still have about 300# of soft lead.

oh, got promoted to warrant officer Thursday evening. Took a while, and was called a crusty old WO before the evening was over…. Was in charge of the unit Friday, and i kept looking around for the adult in the room. Turns out it`s me…

Been quite a couple of weeks. My F350 croaked, the dryer in the house packed it in and my Deere lawn tractor quit too. At this rate it will be very much like 1800 around here soon.
Oh well. Tractor is fixed now. Truck got replaced. Hanging clothes for the next month or so….tomorrow I am going shooting and forget about all of it. :)

On a plane to Colorado to goof around with kids and grandbrats.
Woman at checkin counter told me the airline doesn't accept neck gaiters as a mask (not enough layers, What?) and handed me some blue pseudo-medical pos. I smiled and dumped it in the nearest can. My DD214 hat and scowl keeps the rest of the mask nazis at bay.

wm

On a plane to Colorado to goof around with kids and grandbrats.
Woman at checkin counter told me the airline doesn't accept neck gaiters as a mask (not enough layers, What?) and handed me some blue pseudo-medical pos. I smiled and dumped it in the nearest can. My DD214 hat and scowl keeps the rest of the mask nazis at bay.

wm
You’re gonna like it here. We have a much lower population of the mask nazis... they can be found certainly, but not where most normal folks hang out.

You’re gonna like it here. We have a much lower population of the mask nazis... they can be found certainly, but not where most normal folks hang out.
While I live in California, I don't live amongst THOSE Californians. We be mountain folk and don't accept gracefully being told how to live.

wm

Bigger litter box set up for little recued kitten

Heat index is 118

Working on the JD mower deck, it's painted yellow because it is a lemon. I got out the anvil and hammers and beat the deck back into shape to hold the blade bearing housings. I really need to make support rings to brace the lightweight steel used to make a mower deck-grrrr.

I will never buy another new lawn tractor, but tools I got !

Heading to the Willys Jeep Picnic in Kempton, PA this morning. It's a win/win because I live Jeeps and it is about 5 minutes from Dixons Muzzleloading shop. Haven't been there since there last fair in 2019. Gonna pick up some stuff and my wife will probably get some horns for her scrimshaw work. If anybody goes to either,, I will be in a maroon 86 CJ7 and wearing a red "4 wheel to Heal" t Shirt.

Did all my yard work yesterday. Alberta has opened up restaurants and other things again. Next month they say fully open and all restrictions lifted incl the mask manure. Out for breakfast this morning then to the range later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back