• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got Rotor Rooted, the dock said I would be over it in a week, I was still passing red stuff at 7 weeks if I strained picking anything up, even if it was light.

Pathology on my removed tissue showed no cancer.

Bottom line, get the laser not the old style water jet like my doc recommended.
I went the radiation route and don't glow in the dark anymore.

Prepped everything for range time. Hope that the flinch I spend pre-COVID on removing has not returned. :p

Took the wife back to the doctors, she is in the operating room now, the stiches let loose in her knee, I had too come home too care for the dog, waiting on a up date from the surgeon and then back too the hospital, this one has been a rough one especially for her. Looks we are back too square one. BOB hope things are working out for you.

For what they are worth, I offer all of my prayers and best wishes for her speedy and healthy recovery.

Made some cigarette paper cartridges for my .36 `51 Navy. Went to the range and shot them. First time ever shooting a BP handgun.
6 each of 20 gr FFF a felt wad and a home brew bullet,
6 each of 20 gr with no wad.
The bullets were swaged down thru a tapered hole in 1/4 steel plate and my arbour press from a .45 ball. Took about 1/4 of the lead off the 45 ball during the swaging.
The ones without the wad loaded very easily on the gun, the ones with the wad had to be hammered down with a dowel and mallet just to get them to clear the forcing cone. Not sure if i like that idea.
They all shot well, but found i really had to seat the #10 caps hard to clear the recoil shield. Is that normal, or do i need bigger caps?
the bullets didn`t really perform well, half keyholed at 15 feet, but were all on target, hitting around 6 inches high. Would not want to hit by one regardless how they fly
i need a mold.......

I just got Rotor Rooted, the dock said I would be over it in a week, I was still passing red stuff at 7 weeks if I strained picking anything up, even if it was light.

Pathology on my removed tissue showed no cancer.

Bottom line, get the laser not the old style water jet like my doc recommended.
Sometimes it ain't the tool. It's the mechanic.

Got a call from home at work, and had leave early. When I got home, the dog was laying on the floor having a seizure. When she calmed down some, I wrapped her in a blanket and drove to the vets. Someone called on route and someone met us outside....she's staying there tonight. After we got home I continued stacking wood in the woodshed. 2 cord down, 8 more to go.

I have bad luck with repairs, I had a botched hip replacement 8 months ago. I saw my surgeon yesterday and actually got him to direct me to a physical therapist to target my specific problem. I also got a cortisone shot in the inflamed area to ease the pain. I know it is temporary but I feel almost normal today, I am off to shoot an archery tournament in a little bit, I haven't been able to do that since I had the hip replaced and the rotor rooter job (no straining).

I got my osage bow out yesterday for the first time in months, I guess it is like riding a bicycle, once learned you never forget, I was drilling the bull with my first shot. My buddy and I will be the only ones shooting selfbows at the wheelie tournament, we just shoot for fun and don't keep score. The wheelie crowd are always pleasant but show no interest in what we are shooting. That is probably a good thing, once I get started on talking bow making I can go on for hours.

Got a call from home at work, and had leave early. When I got home, the dog was laying on the floor having a seizure. When she calmed down some, I wrapped her in a blanket and drove to the vets. Someone called on route and someone met us outside....she's staying there tonight. After we got home I continued stacking wood in the woodshed. 2 cord down, 8 more to go.
Damn. I prefer dogs to most people. Hope she is ok.

Went to the Alternative June Fort Rendezvous held at Camp du Bois, Wood River, Illinois.
20210605_111234.jpg

Met @andy52 wandering around and had a nice chat.

I do miss Rendezvous.

Last edited:
Had an old sheath that was a belt loop type on the back, so I played around a little and made this, it's unrefined for sure but functional. Will tidy up the lacing and it should work ok. The knife is a silver stag and came with a nice sheath but with a snap closure on it and belt loop on back as well. On the one that came with it the whole handle sticks out, on this one it's much less. It carries quite well, surprisingly comfortable. It's also nice and tight in there but can get at it quickly. Anyhow, not bad for a first stab at it (sorry couldn't resist)...
PhotoFunia-1622941442.jpg
PhotoFunia-1622941496.jpg

Damn. I prefer dogs to most people. Hope she is ok.
She passed early this morning....☹ The vet was getting ready to call me when I called them. It's a major loss. I buried her in our "Pet Cemetery" out back. Still have a high 3 digit Vet. bill though. They said it was an Intra Cranial Seizure...they wanted to do an autopsy, but I told them no. She lived a full life for a little dog.

Sorry for your friend, they are family. Like was posted I would rather be around dogs than most people. Remember the good times she will be you the rest of your life in memories and now awaiting the grand reunion when you catch up with her, some day.

I have bad luck with repairs, I had a botched hip replacement 8 months ago. I saw my surgeon yesterday and actually got him to direct me to a physical therapist to target my specific problem. I also got a cortisone shot in the inflamed area to ease the pain. I know it is temporary but I feel almost normal today, I am off to shoot an archery tournament in a little bit, I haven't been able to do that since I had the hip replaced and the rotor rooter job (no straining).

I got my osage bow out yesterday for the first time in months, I guess it is like riding a bicycle, once learned you never forget, I was drilling the bull with my first shot. My buddy and I will be the only ones shooting selfbows at the wheelie tournament, we just shoot for fun and don't keep score. The wheelie crowd are always pleasant but show no interest in what we are shooting. That is probably a good thing, once I get started on talking bow making I can go on for hours.

Eric , Hang in there, it will get better just takes time. I've had both hips replaced the left first 2 yrs ago no problem
The right hip 1 yr ago therapy in office 2 days a week and the trerapist would come to the house 3 days a week for
30 days,, and I am now just getting around real good now can stay on ma feet longer and actually feel like doing
things. Just watch what you do and take it slow.
gunny

Had an old sheath that was a belt loop type on the back, so I played around a little and made this, it's unrefined for sure but functional. Will tidy up the lacing and it should work ok. The knife is a silver stag and came with a nice sheath but with a snap closure on it and belt loop on back as well. On the one that came with it the whole handle sticks out, on this one it's much less. It carries quite well, surprisingly comfortable. It's also nice and tight in there but can get at it quickly. Anyhow, not bad for a first stab at it (sorry couldn't resist)...
View attachment 80229
View attachment 80230
I don’t see the point!😉🤪😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back