• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see. Today I woke up much too early after going to bed much too late this morning. Right now I'm perusing the forum, and typing out this post while sucking down copious amounts of World Market Italian Roast, fresh ground of course....... :)
I see a nap sometime in my future today. I'm also wondering how long before I'm fully recovered from my carpal tunnel surgery, it's been a month and I still have weakness and some pain. Sometimes it sucks getting old.
Getting old ain't for sissies.

185036049-10224433473932876-1457153236453562495-n.jpg

Actually I did several necessary jobs around the house today. And spent the rest of the time on this blasted computer.
Grinds my wife's gears when I use that line :)

I actually did some work on my latest (and last) rifle. My patience level is very low, as I have made some mistakes, and my frustration level is very high. Recovering from shoulder surgery and trying to regain muscle strength has slowed my build time and the Chyna flu has prevented me from attending the rifle range, which adds to my frustration.
NCO's overcome obstacles. You will.

Picked up the u-mentionable 1875 remmy today, Fastest I ever had paper work clear for a hand gun, hopefully tomorrow too the range with it. BP- 255GR. LEADS

I had "0" germination on my seedless watermelons, my girlfriend had the same on several hills of her squash and cucumbers, I decided to sprout plants for round two under controlled conditions, I put rooting hormone on the tomato cuttings to make her some new plants.

2021second round.JPG

I have a low motivation girlfriend, her house burned and the new one looks like a hoarders house, both sides of a double car garage filled with piles of old clothes and assorted junk. I told her to have a new house built and not be able to park in the garage was a travesty that she should correct. I'll be dang if she didn't take this suggestion to heart.

She said a lot of the stuff in the garage was gifted to her from friends and neighbors when her house burned. She started sorting and storing the useful stuff in the attic, being a bright resourceful gal she even rigged a pully system to hoist the heavy totes up into the attic.

Yesterday it was "go to the dump" day, I have a truck, she doesn't. We piled my F250 truck bed full of trash bags filled with stuff to take to the dump, then loaded another layer on top of the first with bags of clothes to take to the Good Will.

The first stop was at the Good Will store to lighten our load.

My girl friend is directionally challenged, although she had been to the dump several times (she lives in TN, I live in Bama) she got us lost and had us driving in circles trying to find that dump that she said was "right around the corner". I finally told her to get out her phone and have it tell us where the dump was. Bingo! The GPS lady on the phone had us there in short order, mission accomplished.

At the end of the day she could park two cars in the garage, now it is time to tackle the inside of the house that looks much the same as the garage once did.
When someone loses their home to fire, they tend to cling to stuff more afterwards. ANYTHING you have or get is very precious to you! I know this for a fact...in 2014 our house burned. Give her time and just try and be there for her...the healing process can take years. :thumb:

This morning I finished building Appalachian Mountain Dulcimer #128. It's made of Black Walnut, Mahogany and Lacewood for the sound board. This is the last of six instruments for a custom order.

Attachments

• 128 i.jpg
    128 i.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 128 m.jpg
    128 m.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 128 g.jpg
    128 g.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 128 h.jpg
    128 h.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 51
  • 128 e.jpg
    128 e.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 55
I’m fed up with lock-down. I have authority to buy two ‘new’ revolvers but can’t get to go and get them ndd,, what's worse the ranges are all closed.

I have powder, charges made up and, I’m getting in top of my domestic duties - sort of.........

I went out to the fettling shed while my wife was at the gym and

View attachment 56233

The mug of tea is a most essential piece of kit.

Another 200 .457 balls for my Rugers and another 100 .577 for my lovely Enfield.

What did anyone else do (shooting related - today)

I know those in the US have some day to go yet but here the sun will be gone in an hour.
worked 13 hrs of night shift.....im feeling kinda old cause soon time to head back to the plant for another round

It was yesterday, I cooked; deer minute steak, fried squash, okra, green tomatoes and onions, KY wonder beans with onions and wild chanterelle mushrooms, stewed okra and tomatoes and peaches and cream corn, the only thing from the store was onion, flower, meal and salt and pepper.

I have a plate of leftovers put aside to eat today.

cave man meal june 2021.JPG

Eric,

Had the same problem with my winter squash. Planted 30 mounds and only two germinated. Also planted 200 seeds of stinging nettles and nothing came up? Seeds were from Amazon. Anyway, bought more seeds from local hardware store and the seeds were fine. See below.

IMG_1067[1].JPG

Good luck

Cobra 6

It was yesterday, I cooked; deer minute steak, fried squash, okra, green tomatoes and onions, KY wonder beans with onions and wild chanterelle mushrooms, stewed okra and tomatoes and peaches and cream corn, the only thing from the store was onion, flower, meal and salt and pepper.

I have a plate of leftovers put aside to eat today.

View attachment 79909
Hang on ... I will be right there.

I'm grinning from ear to ear. I had my annual check up at the urologist today and my most recent PSA test came out 0.9. Last year it was 1.7, Three years ago it was 13.9. Looks like they got It."It" being the prostate cancer I was diagnosed with 3 years ago. These numbers probably don't mean anything to some younger guys out there but to others you more than likely know what I mean.

I'm grinning from ear to ear. I had my annual check up at the urologist today and my most recent PSA test came out 0.9. Last year it was 1.7, Three years ago it was 13.9. Looks like they got It."It" being the prostate cancer I was diagnosed with 3 years ago. These numbers probably don't mean anything to some younger guys out there but to others you more than likely know what I mean.
I know exactly what you mean. Never diagnosed with the big C, but dad had it, and they have me on meds because of BPH. Taking a leak is a blessing.
Even with the best PSA numbers in years, my urologist found 'something' during my last DRE. Time for an MRI...:doh:

This getting old s&$t is getting old.

Took the wife back to the doctors, she is in the operating room now, the stiches let loose in her knee, I had too come home too care for the dog, waiting on a up date from the surgeon and then back too the hospital, this one has been a rough one especially for her. Looks we are back too square one. BOB hope things are working out for you.

I have relatives who don't like the idea of regular doctor visits. Afraid the doctor might find something. Isn't that the whole point? You want "something or anything" found early. Oh and prayers work as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back